• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Purely Revolutionary... CMMG is on it.

New CMMG Ambidextrous Modular Upper Reciever

As a part of the all new Revolution series of firearms, we are proud to introduce our patent pending ambidextrous modular upper receiver.

The advantage of the Revolution upper is the ability to change panels on both left and right sides to customize the firearms to suit the shooters needs.

Panel configurations include:

•Right hand panel with dust cover, shell deflector and forward assist.

•Right hand panel with dust cover and shell deflector, no forward assist.

•Right hand panel, smooth

•Right hand panel with forward assist

•Left hand panel with dust cover, shell deflector and forward assist.

•Left hand panel with dust cover and shell deflector, no forward assist.

•Left hand panel, smooth

•Left hand panel with forward assist

Many combinations are possible by mixing and matching panels. CMMG Revolution rifles will be available with forward assist notches on both sides of the carrier. Right hand shooters who tap the forward assist prior to shooting, now have the option to have the forward assist on the non ejection port side. This makes for a faster reload since the shooter right hand does not need to leave the pistol grip. This can be reversed for lefties.

Shooters needs vary and change. By moving panels around, any configuration is possible within minutes.

Our target price will be $135 with two panels. We will also be offering a full set of panels that include the ones listed above and a couple others. These will be available in whatever the color of the month happens to be.

In the next few weeks we will be introducing our new Revolution hand guard, ambi and lower. We are very excited about this project. We believe this will set a new standard and versatility and affordability.

Uppers are extruded 7075 aluminum.

CMMGAMUR5.jpg

[img width=810 height=406]http://www.cmmginc.com/22evolution/CMMGAMUR1.jpg

[img width=810 height=549]http://www.cmmginc.com/22evolution/CMMGAMUR3.jpg

[img width=810 height=575]http://www.cmmginc.com/22evolution/CMMGAMUR2.jpg

It's only a matter of time until this bleeds over to both other manufacturers, and to the .308 AR platform.  Hopefully, this is fully patented by CMMG.  <thumbsup>

I guess this is for those people that aren't sure if they're a righty or a lefty!  I have to assume that it requires a right hand or left hand bolt in order to eject in the desired direction, Wonder if they're planning an ambi bolt/carrier!

I guess this is for those people that aren't sure if they're a righty or a lefty!  I have to assume that it requires a right hand or left hand bolt in order to eject in the desired direction, Wonder if they're planning an ambi bolt/carrier!

Are not all Bolt carriers ambidextrous ?  If you put the bolt in 180 out of a righty , will in not work as a lefty ?

I really never thought about it till now , ummmm.

Now I have to check it out !

Cam pin won't go in the bolt from the other side.  Well, at least not on the AR-15.  The hole is smaller on the other side of that thing.  If the cam pin does go in there, that's not a mil-spec bolt, or it's already a lefty.

• 1 month later...

Although it's always nice to have the option to reconfigure your gun if the need ever arises, and although the area where the panels are located is not a stressed area on the upper, I think that if someone ever does destructive testing on these, it will be determined that they are not as rigid as a Vltor MUR, which is what it appears to be patterned after. I never cease to be amazed by the ingenuity of designers. Looks like something I would do, just to prove that it was possible. I saw a SHOTSHOW video on the Beretta ARX180 which is a plastic gun, so not really directly comparable to an AR, but the ability to reconfigure the gun from right hand to left hand with no tools or parts replacement was truly impressive.