• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

.450 bushmaster

sketch

Im set in mind and reloding but having trouble acquiring parts? All i hear is .458 socom sooooo what i want is what i want and it makes sence to me but.. Cant find the right stuff to make it happen? Calling on my brothers to help spend my money!! I need a : complete upper or the parts and more specific what bolt size does it require? I do have some uppers i can pratice on . also mags i have interwebs says 223 single stacked? Modification? Im feeling silly at this point but dedicated to the build!! Thank you for enabeling!!

The thing with this round and the .458 socom is they cost $2 + a round to shoot. The key is to find a round that is cheap to shoot. The reason the 300black has taken off so well. The .277 wolverine is another round that thumps and is cheap to shoot. You would have more fun with a .45acp AR because you could shoot 4 times as much for the same cost. Just throwing it out there.

Im set in mind and reloding but having trouble acquiring parts? All i hear is .458 socom sooooo what i want is what i want and it makes sence to me but.. Cant find the right stuff to make it happen? Calling on my brothers to help spend my money!! I need a : complete upper or the parts and more specific what bolt size does it require? I do have some uppers i can pratice on . also mags i have interwebs says 223 single stacked? Modification? Im feeling silly at this point but dedicated to the build!! Thank you for enabeling!!

I believe that round is proprietary to bushmaster isn't it? Bushmaster lists an upper on their site both a 16" and 20" for $700

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/c506ea39#/c506ea39/29 under accessories.

Keep us posted with your build, and good luck!

I want to build a 50 beowulf for myself after building the 10mm for the wife.

Yup, proprietary to Bushmaster.  

There are chamber reamers available:  450 bushmaster chamber reamer

Get a barrel of your choosing in .451 from Brownell's or some other supplier.  Someone here may be able to help with chambering, maybe other proprietary parts as well.

Let's do this!!

This unwavering support in helping you spend your money was sponsored by the "Sketch Has Money Burning A Hole In His Pocket" committee, for the small fee of $35.

The thing with this round and the .458 socom is they cost $2 + a round to shoot. The key is to find a round that is cheap to shoot. The reason the 300black has taken off so well. The .277 wolverine is another round that thumps and is cheap to shoot. You would have more fun with a .45acp AR because you could shoot 4 times as much for the same cost. Just throwing it out there.

yep .458 is easy to find! Local gs has all i need for a pistol build but im thinking cheep as always but at a 1$ a shot is justified by the .308 cost? Im not doing a pistol cuz i own a couple .45's 

i do have a 16" and 8" .300 blk im good there ? 

im wanting an exotic cal to say i have one but again im on the cheep side of exotic.

makes it more fun for everyone but can still rattle the teeth!

Thanks brothers the hunt is on!

I have to bone up on terms and procedures for reeming a chamber.

Still looking for a bolt size? Been to busy or not looking in the right places? 

Ps : am i giving jon 35$ or are you all funding my first box of ammo? ( ed mojo) ?

Edited by sketch
Shits

yep .458 is easy to find! Local gs has all i need for a pistol build but im thinking cheep as always but at a 1$ a shot is justified by the .308 cost? Im not doing a pistol cuz i own a couple .45's 

i do have a 16" and 8" .300 blk im good there ? 

im wanting an exotic cal to say i have one but again im on the cheep side of exotic.

makes it more fun for everyone but can still rattle the teeth!

Thanks brothers the hunt is on!

I have to bone up on terms and procedures for reeming a chamber.

Still looking for a bolt size? Been to busy or not looking in the right places? 

Ps : am i giving jon 35$ or are you all funding my first box of ammo? ( ed mojo) ?

Lance at Dane Armory can chamber your barrel. The .458socom is the more impressive of the three big hitting rounds. I would pick it over the .50Beowolf or the .450 Bushy. Any thoughts on a .50AE ar pistol ?

• 7 months later...

Fook me im going .458 pistol build tomorow... Cus i can tomorrow! I turned down a couple opertunitys for the .450 this summer.. Deals were ment to be held out for. I think ill save in the build but the ammo will make up for that!

8" ss tromex barrel with head spaced bolt

thats all i have lined out tomorrow but i have cash for lgs parts??

and several parts in the tool box!

what was that joke about getting older and instructions?? I should think about saving money ..... When im dead!

support your local lgs ?