• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Full Float Handguard for DMPS Oracle 308... Which barrel nut wrench?

Hey everyone! Im new to the world of ARs and I just bought a DPMS Oracle in 308! First thing I wanted to do when I got it was change out my handguard to a UTG Pro Super Slim free float handguard. But I ran into some problems when I was trying to install it... I removed everything and got down to the delta ring/barrel nut and the standard AR wrench tool wouldnt fit over the barrel. I've looked at the 308 PRI wrench but it says it won't remove the delta ring on DPMS rifles. So I was just wondering what y'all have used to remove the barrel nuts on y'alls! Thanks in advance!

the standard AR15 nut wrench works on very few 308 AR nuts. You should be able to find the standard dpms one, but do you know which one you need for the UTG? and you know it has to be the specific 308 version, the AR15 version of the UTG won't work

1 hour ago, EasyEJL said:

the standard AR15 nut wrench works on very few 308 AR nuts. You should be able to find the standard dpms one, but do you know which one you need for the UTG? and you know it has to be the specific 308 version, the AR15 version of the UTG won't work

Do you know the item number or have a link to the dpms wrench? And yes, I got the UTG pro super slim for LR-308's with the low pro rail, it came with the barrel nut and the wrench for it!

The Delta ring shouldn't matter , as far as removing the Barrel Nut . The Delta Ring & Weld Spring are held on the Barrel nut with a Spring clip ., which you have to remove the Barrel Nut to get it off . You push the Delta Ring Back with the wrench to engage the slots for the wrench . These are photo's of an AR 15 , but should not be much different than 308LR .

DSCN2650.JPG

DSCN2651.JPG

DPMS 308LR Barrel Nut 

dpms 308 barrel nut.jpg

Edited by survivalshop