13267734_10207457617851611_8119367316961551429_n.jpg

Parts:

Nikon P-308 
Burris Pepr QD 1" mount
Aero Precision M5 Upper and Lower
Aero Precision MLok handguards (FDE)
DPMS 18" 1/10 SASS Barrel with DPMS .936 Micro Block
Troy mid-length gas tube
Precision Armament M4-72 Brake with accuwashers (FDE cerakote)
WC Armory NIBO BCG
AXTS Raptor Charging Handle (FDE)
CMC single stage trigger (2 3/4lbs)
Magpul K2 grip (FDE)
Magpul UBR Stock (FDE)
SprinCo Orange Buffer Spring
3.8 oz heavy buffer
Magpul 20 round mag

Still trying to see what it likes to be fed. I have put Federal Premium Gold Medal Sierra MatchKing 168 grain through. I have a box of the same ammo at 175 grain. 3/4" group at 100yrds. About as much recoil as a stock 5.56. Real fun rifle to shoot.

2 hours ago, mineralman55 said:

Very nice! Those AP M5 uppers with matching M-LOK handguards are the nutz.

We need more coon-asses here. Too many Texans. :lmao:

Thr rail is seamless with them. main reason I went that route. Really enjoying this rifle. Cant wait to go hunting!

Got an M5 also FDE upper blk lower but with a keymod handguard.I also got the Nickel boron BCG.Had a very hiccups with FFE and FTF,changed the recoil system to Armalite parts and resolved the problem.I take it since thier were no mention of issues you had none.I had the barrel cut down and added a Battle Comp for a 16.1 overall lenght.Lastly put in the LaRue MBT trigger with LaRue A-Peg rough texture FDE grip.

7 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Got an M5 also FDE upper blk lower but with a keymod handguard.I also got the Nickel boron BCG.Had a very hiccups with FFE and FTF,changed the recoil system to Armalite parts and resolved the problem.I take it since thier were no mention of issues you had none.I had the barrel cut down and added a Battle Comp for a 16.1 overall lenght.Lastly put in the LaRue MBT trigger with LaRue A-Peg rough texture FDE grip.

No issues as of yet. put 40 rounds through at the range. I was going back and forth with the LaRue grip and the K2. Are you also running the DPMS SASS barrel? I had to hunt for like 6 months for the dang gasblock.

8 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Also do you have the WC Armory BCG?

13 hours ago, M34TY said:

No issues as of yet. put 40 rounds through at the range. I was going back and forth with the LaRue grip and the K2. Are you also running the DPMS SASS barrel? I had to hunt for like 6 months for the dang gasblock.

There was a tread on that subject many years ago here  &  I forget what's found out about their special Gas Block for the Sass BBL. . Anyone remember ?

From the dark corner of the lower level bunker  I did get mine from jse a long time ago

Gas Block

DPMS SASS Gas Block 308 Micro 936 Gas Block

DPMS SASS Gas Block 308 Micro 936 Gas Block. DPMS reports that the SASS barrel requires a “Special Gas Block”. Naturally they are the only ones to produce it. Well I cant confirm what they say at the moment but I will get to the bottom of this. A quick check of my SASS barrel didn’t find any unusual dimensions but I will investigate thoroughly when I get a non dpms gas block.

Update: I have confirmed that the DPMS SASS barrels do in fact require a special gas block. The issue is the diameter of the barrel is between the receiver and the step down to .936 is greater than that of a typical barrel. This results in the hole in the gas block for the gas tube being obstructed in a manner preventing the gas tube from being installed. The DPMS gas block raises the gas tube position to compensate. Note the wall thickness in the image above

Edited by washguy