• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DPMS LR-308

DD_Raptor

Ok I went to another local Pawn Shop and asked them if they had a DMPS LR-308 Oracle. He brought one from the back in an unopened box.  I aske dif he mined mt taking a picture of the tube length in the receiver chamber. Here's what it shows. I wished I had a little better focus from my phones camera though. What do you guys think?

New DPMS LR- 308.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take that back.

My rifle (20 inch) the gas tube is in middle of the cutout and my Carbine (16 inch) is short like his.    Now my rifle kicks a lot more than my Carbine does.   I bought my Rifle new from Buds and I built my Carbine using all DPMS parts except for the lower and that is a TM.   Other than that they are the same.   Buffer spring, buffer tube and buffer are the same.

You got to remember if the gas block was up agents the barrel step; part of the gas port will be closed off.   The gas block needs to be the thickness of a regular hand guard nose cap away from the step on the barrel or it’s not going to work right.    

• 3 weeks later...

For to fire it (~80 rounds) over the weekend and am happy to report that it worked perfectly. I now know it was the gas system some how. I can't be sure which, but after him changing the gas block/tube and I sure he moved the block a little forward it worked. My money is on the gb moving.

Anyway a big THANKS for all of you guys input and knowledge. :thumbup:

Edited by DD_Raptor

On June 18, 2016 at 0:24 AM, Wolfgang1952 said:

I take that back.

My rifle (20 inch) the gas tube is in middle of the cutout and my Carbine (16 inch) is short like his.    Now my rifle kicks a lot more than my Carbine does.   I bought my Rifle new from Buds and I built my Carbine using all DPMS parts except for the lower and that is a TM.   Other than that they are the same.   Buffer spring, buffer tube and buffer are the same.

You got to remember if the gas block was up agents the barrel step; part of the gas port will be closed off.   The gas block needs to be the thickness of a regular hand guard nose cap away from the step on the barrel or it’s not going to work right.     

Thats not entirely true with custom barrels , most seat & are designed to seat the Gas Block up against the Barrel Flange stop . Now if it had or was designed to have a A2 type Hand Guard , it would be made or its Gas Port position, would be set up to use the extra space for a HG Cap .