• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PA-10 Barrel compatibility

den878

I recently acquired a PA-10 upper and lower. This is my first .308 build and I have discovered the issues with compatibility  that comes with this sorta build. Any way it is my understanding that PA-10 take DPMS pattern barrels? Is this correct, will they take any brand. I have been looking at several; Ranier, Criterion, and Aero Precision. Does anyone have any experience with these and a PA-10. Also can I go with a BCG from the barrel manufacture or should I stick with Palmetto State because of compatibility. I'm trying do my research before I spend, plus this is half the fun.

We have seen issues with PA 10 builds , but you should have no issues with a DPMS type Barrel & BCG .

Is your Barrel Nut threads on the Upper receiver DPMS or Armalite ? 

I think most issues were with their Buffer system . I think when switching to a Armalite AR 10 Buffer system , things worked . There are some threads in here about the issues , most were Tolerance stacking because of mixing Upper & Lower Receivers also , but since you have their set , should be OK 

Use Quality components & you should be OK , The Barrel Manufactures you mentioned are fine , I use Criterion , myself , but Faxon FireArms is another , Mega also . 

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/9/2016 at 11:56 AM, survivalshop said:

We have seen issues with PA 10 builds , but you should have no issues with a DPMS type Barrel & BCG . 

Others have installed a DPMS barrel and BCG without issues?

I've got a complete PA10 lower and it's begging for an upper . . .