• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lar8 PRS Stock spacer help

1survivor1

I have a RRA Lar-8 308 with the A2 stock on it from RRA. I am wanting to put a PRS A2 stock on it but I can not find the spacer or what ever I need to make the stock go back further so that the charging handle will not hit the cheek rest. I would like to know were I can get them with part numbers to make it easier to find. Please Help!

I have not got the PRS stock yet do to me reading on other post about the PRS stock having problems with the cheek rest and charging handle for the 308 version. they all say that they have put a spacer or something in to make it fit, but they do not say what and were to get it.

If anyone has the RRA Lar 8 and have the PRS 308 stock on there's, could you tell me that it does fit with out any spacers or were you got yours or what you did to make it work right.

Love this site it has help me alot.

1 hour ago, 1survivor1 said:

I have a RRA Lar-8 308 with the A2 stock on it from RRA. I am wanting to put a PRS A2 stock on it but I can not find the spacer or what ever I need to make the stock go back further so that the charging handle will not hit the cheek rest. I would like to know were I can get them with part numbers to make it easier to find. Please Help!

You are going to need two items in addition to the LR308 PRS stock.

A DPMS 1" stock extender.  A 1/4-28 button head stock screw, with a hole drilled down the axis (the one supplied with stock extender is the right length but has the wrong head).

This is what you need:  http://www.grandgunparts.com/store/ar-15-buttstock-extender-bs-20-dpms-ar-15-buttstock-extender-rifle-parts-dpms-gun-rifle.html

The round part goes inside, the teardrop part outside.  No issues with the grip. Those screws won't work correctly with the PRS.

I looked at a few places and they do not show to be in stock at this time, even at DPMS.