• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

WC 846 Powder

survivalshop

This last batch of 5.56 cases I cleaned unfortunately will be using the last of my WC 846 Powder , I originally purchased 32 # of it in four 8# jugs  (for  $ 146.00 ). I've been using it for over twenty years , mostly for 5.56 & 308 , more so the 5.56 , will probably never see it out there any more & have found a suitable replacement in the using Ramshot , TAC , so will be making loads for 5.56 with it in the future , have been using TAC for 308 for a while now .

Rally liked this powder , since I got all of it from one batch , once I got the charge wt. right  ( there is no real loading data on this Powder ) it was the same from Jug to Jug , wasn't all that clean burning , but was consistent & that is what you look for in reloading , so fond farewell to WC 846 :thumbup: You've been good to me :laffs:

26 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

As long as they are sealed & in kept in a good environment , they remain stable. Its when they get that funky smell is when they are unstable . The WC 846 I had was not pull down powder , they were still using it back then . 

So you kept it all those years under the pool at W.D.W. in the secret room.