• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New motor for trimming

survivalshop

25 minutes ago, Malig8r said:

Looks interesting and probably better than a hand crank version until the battery starts to get low. I'm happy with my Giruad power trimmer though :thumbup:

Probably just get a harbour freight cordless drill, less than $20.

With a LR308 and a new M1A 308 I am thinking about getting back into reloading. I sold my old Herters equipment years ago. I did upgrade to a RCBS rockchucker press and scale. 

I have been thinking about a Lee turret press and kit. But don't know how much better a turret is than a single. 

What do you all think? Turret or single for.308s in semi auto?

Nothing wrong with a Turret Press , its still one at a time , but the other Dies are already on the Press . Go single stage , with the die bushings , only takes a second to swap them out .

I'm a Dillon fan , but have Lee 1000, Pacific single stage press , RCBS Green Machine & I want a new single stage , myself , my Pacific is very old . 

You know I got really content using the single ram press I would set up a hundred cases do one operation on the hundred  go to the next step and so on and before you know it, I had a hundred rounds loaded. Worked well working up a favorite load. I would load 10 rounds weighing each load load thirty rounds same stuff in ten rounds. And go to the range the next day.