• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

MAGPUL MIAD GRIP WEDGE - Finally at Brownells

imschur

• 1 month later...

I just got one of these for my Armalite AR-10 lower build.  Tried it tonight and it is way to big with the #3 backstrap.  It tilts the grip so it's not square with the receiver.  Has anyone tried one and found the same issue?  I may try modifying it tomorrow with the ol'dremel.

Large backstrap fit fine on mine, on the DPMS lower.  I've never built up the Armalite rifles, so I'm not familiar with what it would take to fit this grip.  I'm pretty sure that MagPul only advertises the grip wedge for use with the AR-10, to fill the gap that the grip leaves.

You sure it's "too tight," in a sense that it would push the grip off it's base?  Can you grap some pics of the interference in the fit?

After some dremel work it fits like a glove now.  I had to take a decent amount off to get a square fit and not putting too much pressure on the interchangeable backstrap.  At frist it was putting lots of force on the backstrap causing it to seperate from the grip just a tad. When I backed the grip screw out it went back to proper fit.  So with a half-inch sanding wheel I just took a little off the wedge at a time and kept test fitting.  It took 4-5 tries to get it right.  It was a $4 piece so I wouldn't have felt bad buggering it up, as opposed to trying to make the grip fit the wedge (a $35 part).  So if anyone else gets one and it's a "off" fit.. just take your time a do a bit of grinding and fitting and you'll be all set.  Simple job.  And just to clear up any confusion, this was on an actual factory Armalite AR-10 lower (not a DPMS 308AR, RRA-LAR or Ar-15).  Can't believe my lower is that far out of Magpul's spec on these.