• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

ADM lever tension

I have alot of ADM mounts - I set them up so the nut in the other side is JUST at that point where it locks up tight and the mount doesn't wiggle.  I test it by loosening the nut one more flat, and it wiggles, then take that nut back that one flat so it doesn't wiggle. 

I don't worry about how much lever tension it takes to lock it down - just how it's adjusted so it JUST doesn't wiggle. JUST to that point.

That's how I have all the magnified scope mounts set, and the red dot mounts set.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

6 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I have alot of ADM mounts - I set them up so the nut in the other side is JUST at that point where it locks up tight and the mount doesn't wiggle.  I test it by loosening the nut one more flat, and it wiggles, then take that nut back that one flat so it doesn't wiggle. 

I don't worry about how much lever tension it takes to lock it down - just how it's adjusted so it JUST doesn't wiggle. JUST to that point.

That's how I have all the magnified scope mounts set, and the red dot mounts set.  :thumbup:

I have several and follow that same routine. I've made them too tight a couple times before I learned it isn't worth the PITA to get them open again, no return to zero issues as long as there is no wiggle

Open the lever,push in on the lever (towards the mount), and rotate the captured nut on the other side one/sixth of a turn - one flat on the nut. Pushing in on the lever pushes the nut out of the captured machining on the other side of the mount.

EDIT - Mount OFF the gun, of course. Won't be able to do this procedure with the mount on the gun...

Edited by 98Z5V

Yeah...I meant a quarter of that 1/6th turn. (1/24th I guess lol) One slot feels soft, the next slot is too tight. A tiny bit extra would be perfect but it doesn't feel like it moves at all on the softer setting so it's probably fine. I'm just use to that super solid bobro lockup and the fully adjustable GGG of my other mounts. I'll feel better soon as I get to the range.