• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

IDENTIFYING A GEN 1 VS GEN 2

Fred

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:30 AM, Fred said:

Can a PSA AR-10 gen 1 vs gen 2 be determined by the serial number?

Looking at PSA's latest E-mail Ad they had a  stripped Gen 1 PA 10 lower on sale. In the picture the Gen 1 caliber is stamped .308 on my Gen 2 it is stamped Multi

I have tried to and have contacted a PSA rep. He or she somehow keeps missing my point and hasn't given me a definitive answer. It's a simple question.  I am still trying and will post if I can get a straight answer from them. In a week or so, I will have some time off to go to some dealers and perhaps they will be more helpful and straight forward than the company.  Thanks odie64 for your input.

• 1 year later...

ok so I came across this while trying to figure out which mine was...seems the gen 1 and gen two uppers are slightly different in aperance. The first pic is a gen 1 and the second pic is a gen 2. At least from the forum I found this on . Sorry I tried to copy and paste the the original thread /group but it wouldn't let me paste it hear. And yes I realise this is a 2 year old thread but I was looking and figured someone else might lok also.....hope it helps

gen 1.png

gen 2.png

Edited by painterman