• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Barrel Diameter for Del-Ton ECHO 308

I currently have an ECHO 308 from Del-Ton (shoots well, runs great) and am looking to put a low profile gas block in the place of the standard "A frame" gas block/front sight. As i do not have a micrometer, and Del-Ton is not replying back to me, I am wondering if anyone on this site has the barrel diameter spec. I appreciate the help!

On 6/2/2017 at 11:38 AM, survivalshop said:

Called & they said it was 0.750" dia.

So many people don't make phone calls anymore, and it's the fastest way to get information.  Still. 

Emails, posts on FB, Instagram, whatever...   texts, etc.  We've all gotten away from phone calls, and talking to a real, live human on the other end.  "Sir, I can look that info up for you and return your call..."

"Nah, I'll hold while you find it..."  :banana:

Anyway, rant over about the phone call business...

Most A1/A2 front sight bases in production, whether for 5.56 or .308 Win, are most ALL  0.750" diameter.  I don't think I've ever seen once that is different.  Early M16 Front Sight Bases might be 0.625", but I don't know.  It's a forged part, from very few manufacturers, despite who markets it, and the standard that it fits on is 0.750".  Too easy to take it off (well, not sometimes, taper pin challenges and all), and "see by ruler" if it's about 3/4", or it's NOT 3/4".  In almost every issue, it's gonna be 3/4", and I can't think of one that it won't be that.

If anyone out there can find me a link of a standard triangle FSB that's not for a 0.750" gas block size, please post it up.  Looking for links to 0.625" or 0.875" or 0.936" standard GI triangle front sight bases.

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

So many people don't make phone calls anymore, and it's the fastest way to get information.  Still. 

Emails, posts on FB, Instagram, whatever...   texts, etc.  We've all gotten away from phone calls, and talking to a real, live human on the other end.  "Sir, I can look that info up for you and return your call..."

"Nah, I'll hold while you find it..."  :banana:

Anyway, rant over about the phone call business...

Most A1/A2 front sight bases in production, whether for 5.56 or .308 Win, are most ALL  0.750" diameter.  I don't think I've ever seen once that is different.  Early M16 Front Sight Bases might be 0.625", but I don't know.  It's a forged part, from very few manufacturers, despite who markets it, and the standard that it fits on is 0.750".  Too easy to take it off (well, not sometimes, taper pin challenges and all), and "see by ruler" if it's about 3/4", or it's NOT 3/4".  In almost every issue, it's gonna be 3/4", and I can't think of one that it won't be that.

If anyone out there can find me a link of a standard triangle FSB that's not for a 0.750" gas block size, please post it up.  Looking for links to 0.625" or 0.875" or 0.936" standard GI triangle front sight bases.

I called to make sure & it took a whole minute & a half . It reminded me of the Taper Pin episode with that Faxon Barrel . I didn't want to give the wrong info .

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Bravo has the smaller one;

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Front-Sight-F-Marked-625-p/front sight base - f 625.htm

^^^  I figured that the "original" M16 had a 0.625" block/base, but didn't know.  That one from BCM makes sense.  :thumbup:

Also, I didn't mean to sound like I was digging on the OP here - just info for future reference when the question comes up again. 

3 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

^^^  I figured that the "original" M16 had a 0.625" block/base, but didn't know.  That one from BCM makes sense.  :thumbup:

Also, I didn't mean to sound like I was digging on the OP here - just info for future reference when the question comes up again. 

Here's one for a 0.936" , not pined , I'm sure there is an 0.875 too . http://blackthorneproducts.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=800

Edited by survivalshop