• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

my 300

Jgun

Now that the trigger showed up, My 300 is essentially finished, with the exception of refinishing the bolt lever and trying out a couple of comps to see if one is noticeably better than the others.  I still have to figure out what I'm going to do for optics, but I guess it's time for me to get back to work on trying to find a load to make major power factor.  I realize it's not very pretty but it was purpose built to shoot the matches with no consideration to any other uses.

post-164-136297266641_thumb.jpg

post-164-136297266644_thumb.jpg

post-164-136297266646_thumb.jpg

I meant to mention, the SD3G trigger feels really nice. I like the single stage with no pull increase before the break. I did notice that it's got a heavier pull than any of my other AR triggers. I don't think that it's so much a matter of this one having a  heavy pull as it is of the Gold triggers and the Jard trigger having such light pulls that this one feels heavy by comparison. I'd like to put a pull gauge on it to see what it actually reads. 98, do you know if there's any adjustability to these by changing springs or anything? Since I've never been in combat, this statement may be misguided due to my lack of experience, but this trigger feels to me like it would make a perfect combat trigger. I really like the way the flat trigger feels, probably because I'm used to it from my pistols. I also added that grip spacer from Brownells to experiment with the trigger finger placement. I don't really like the way it looks, but it locates the pad of my trigger finger perfectly on the trigger. I haven't had a chance to try it out to see if I like shooting with it that way but as soon as I find time to load some more 300, I'll get back out to test it.

98, do you know if there's any adjustability to these by changing springs or anything?

Jgun, I'm not sure - but I'd like to know that info, also.  I wouldn't change a thing on my S3G, but that would be good information.  Try calling Geissele up - I'd bet if it's possible, they'd share the info and send you the springs.  Phone: (610) 272-2060.

Called up Geissele today. The guy I spoke to was very friendly and didn't act like I was bothering him with stupid questions. I always hate it when I call up a company and unless I'm ordering something from them the person on the phone acts like I'm wasting their valuable time. Anyway, I was told that the Super dynamic 3 gun trigger cannot be adjusted. He said that they use the same hammer spring in all their triggers for reliable ignition, and that if I want a super lightweight pull, one of their other triggers would be a better choice. He told me that the SD3G was factory set to be a 3.5 lb trigger, and that the trigger was designed based on the input from 3 gun competitors. The main feature desirable for 3 gun is the single stage with short reset. He said that he personally can get better groups off the bench with one of their 2 stage triggers because you have warning of when the trigger will fall, while the single stage is more designed for rapid fire. He also told me that I could lighten the trigger pull slightly by bending the legs of the trigger spring a little bit, but not to expect it to turn a 3.5 lb trigger into a 2 lb trigger.