• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New DPMS Oracle

Hey all.

I finally made the plunge and bought a new DPMS Oracle in .308...   I have been wanting a LR308 for general purpose hunting here in East TN for quite awhile.  I have seen a lot of mixed reviews on installing Magpul MOE furniture on the .308 platform.   Some folks say, *They fit fine no issue.*  Some say, *just a bit of modification needed*    Every time I find pics or a video of it the links do not work.   I am not looking to go full on tactical here, just get rid of the low profile gas block, and add on some flip up sights, just in case I bang my scope around while hunting or something.

I am not a gunsmith by any means, and I do not have many tools.  SO I want to know what I am in for before I get starts. Any ideas

The model number of the rifle i bought is  RFLROC/60560.    It hasnt shipped from buds yet so I am trying plan ahead.

10 minutes ago, jmcdaniel0 said:

I am actually looking at that right now.    I am open to suggestions on a good drop in replacement.   That wont destroy my marriage or bank account.

I used this after a fair amount of research. The owner of Velocity worked at Timney for quite some time. It's built nearly identically to my Timney. Not a bad price either, includes anti-walk or ani rotation pins. I'm very pleased. 

Velocity 3lb

Here's a chart I found comparing a few triggers:

Triggers-Stats.thumb.jpg.caae5d4bc0f2efddc7cf3cb753bc84bb.jpg

Notice the Timney and Velocity are pretty much the same. 

12 minutes ago, Boot_Scraper said:

It will.

They make a "steal case" version if you're worried about light strikes. 

I use CCI 200 primers in my reloads and I have had no issues.

Edit:  I'm not a paid spokesman. I just like my trigger. 

Hey!  I'm all about some help.   I would like to add a sling on my rifle.   Any ideas on how to do this since there is only one sling mount.

Well,

I decided to just go ahead and do a free floating quad rail, instead of trying to get Magpul furniture to fit.   Now, I have no idea how to put the quad rail on, however, I have been looking at youtube videos, and it doesn't seem to be all that hard.   I have most of the tools, so Im going to give it a shot.

If there are any tips or tricks please let me know.

will do for sure.    Thats a good tip to know.   I would not have thought about trying the freezer.

What is a good commercial spec stock that you all would recommend.   Something that is sturdy and collapsible, since I plan to use this as a target/hunting rifle.

23 hours ago, jmcdaniel0 said:

Hey!  I'm all about some help.   I would like to add a sling on my rifle.   Any ideas on how to do this since there is only one sling mount.

When I bought my DPMS Oracle.308 in 2014 from a local gun dealer I asked him to install a front sling swivel, he pulled the Hand guard and screwed in a QD swivel base and put the hand guards back on in 5 minutes and didn't charge me. 

If you will check out BeachinTactical, he is a sponser on this site. He makes a very neat custom sling. I have two of them.  

I agree, you should get the rifle in your hands, lube it up, scope it boresight it, go to the range shoot 40 or 50 rounds get familiar with the piece. ..... Clean it,.....next thing, get a Velocity trigger, a Tubbs flat wire buffer spring and see how much of a accurate shooter it makes you.

Come back here and tell us your thoughts.