• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Small clip on hd camera?

Cali_Ed

1 hour ago, Cali_Ed said:

That stuff is super expensive 

1 hour ago, sketch said:

you get what you pay for.. I had it mounted to my barrel but the recoil knocked it off my first try.. plunk right in the pond. I switched to a head mount and have had no trouble running and gunning.. 20* weather / water proof gopro?

Agreed 

i used to half ass stuff you end up paying twice as much, calm your ADD save your pennies and get a go pro. See if you can find an older model. Not to sound like a dick but it seems like you hop between hobbies a lot, cars, fish, bikes, different styles of shooting. What are you gonna be filming? why? 

I use the first generation of the Contour camera , 1080 P , I have a Rail mount & a couple of Ring type mounts that can be attached like a Ring on the Scope , it has a 2" Rail I think . I have a ring mounted on my Slug Gun Scope & my Crossbow Scope . The one on the Slug gun I move it depending on what Firearm I'm using . 

With any AR , I just mount it to a Rail , the camera Lens can be rotated for just about any degree , has laser aiming for lens orientation . I can mount it to a Helmet also . I have a couple of Hunting Videos of shots , both with Slug gun & Crossbow .

Edited by survivalshop

5 hours ago, survivalshop said:

Here is the one I have , but mine is no longer supported & I think it was $199 many years ago . You see a lot of these cameras on war fighters in the early days of the Middle east conflict .http://contour.com

thats a desent camera and very sleek over the gp ? how do you view the video? is it sd card . i have an sd card reader the plugs into my phone port to view footage in the feild ..

3 hours ago, sketch said:

thats a desent camera and very sleek over the gp ? how do you view the video? is it sd card . i have an sd card reader the plugs into my phone port to view footage in the feild ..

Micro Card , I think I can go to 32G , I will have to look  whats in there . Mine is an older version , not supported anymore & its no comparable with MAC , not sure it will work on the newer Windows , but unless I screw up somewhere & it needs to be reprogramed , I'm OK with the way its set up . I will upload one of my hunts with it to youtube .

4 hours ago, sketch said:

Try this , The transfer to YT seemed to reduce the quality of the video , because on my file is pure clarity .  I also use the Tether that came with the camera now , so it doesn't fly off .

!2 ga. Remington magnum Pump, with a Original Hastings Cantilever mount , rifled Barrel . 

Edited by survivalshop