• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PA10 shooting good

mley1

I've gone through a few changes with my PA10 since getting it together. I've added an Anderson Manufacturing AM-15 adjustable gas block. I've added two tungsten weights to the buffer. I've gone through two scopes, and ended up with a Vortex Viper 4-16x50 HS LR. And, I've added a muzzle break.  I have been happy with the groups all along. However, the changes I've made have helped to make the rifle much more pleasant to shoot. My 100yrd groups are looking pretty good.

This group is a five shot group, using Malaysian milsurp. Yes, it's milsurp. It's the best group I've gotten with the milsurp, and I'm a happy camper.

23031363_10210392811165199_8931959890796

The next groups are Remington Core Lokt 150's. They shoot really well for me, thankfully.

22894525_10210385568344133_5000824012707

22853272_10210385567464111_6690659671883

I've got her sighted in with the Remington 150's. I've got some Fusion 150's, as Bfoosh suggested them. They shoot ok in mine, but not as tight as the Remington's. They do shoot to the same poa though, so they're going on the hunts with me too. For anyone who is concerned with the accuracy of the PA10's, I'd say stick with it. Find a load it likes, and stick with it. Luckily, mine absolutely LOVES Remington ammo, and the Malaysian milsurp. And, the milsurp shoots to the same poa as the Remington ammo. So, it's a win win for me.

The best investment I made on the rifle was the adjustable gas block. Then, I'd say the tungsten weights were a big help. The muzzle break also works well for reducing recoil. She's a joy to shoot now. And, I'd say to anyone starting out on a .308 AR, get quality glass. There's nothing more frustrating than to get a scope mounted, and then have it crap out on you. It's happened twice to me on this rifle. The Vortex is the third scope I've put on it. And, hopefully, the Vortex will last. The PA10 has be a fun gun to shoot, and easy to mod. I've really enjoyed owing it. It's going to be my primary hunting rifle this year. So, hopefully at some point I'll be able to post some pics with dead deer or hogs and my rifle.

On 11/5/2017 at 12:11 PM, Sisco said:

Nice shooting. That will put some game in the freezer. Just curious; what brand scopes crapped out on you? Always good to know.

The first was a Pentax. A lens came loose inside of it. The second was a Nikon Prostaff 5. The O ring seal on the objective lens came loose. 

CF827B1A-F77B-4033-8875-8D2B0F968014.jpeg

25B6821A-CBC2-4421-97DC-B94E7F930737.jpeg

On 11/5/2017 at 11:07 AM, bfoosh006 said:

VERY nice groups !!

I am glad the rifle is shooting softer.. it is nice to see those mods work for others as well !

If you are interested... I still suggest the Tubbs Flatwire .308 spring.

Thanks! I studied your thread extensively. I learned a lot from you. I may go with a Tubbs spring if I need to in the future. Right now she’s running great. Very fun to shoot. 

I let my 20 and 18 year old sons take my rifle to the range yesterday. They had a ton of fun with it. Some of their texts let me know the mods I made were the right ones. Thanks bfoosh6 for your suggestions and hard work on your PSA PA10. 

863426F4-E6C8-4E81-A403-EC1D27C6815C.png

Here’s another. The only ammo they had for the .308 was the Malaysian milsurp. Keep in mind these youngsters have NEVER been allowed to take any of my rifles to the range by themselves.  This was their first time on their own at the range. They didn’t do too bad. My son, mitch sent me a pic of one target. All their shots with my .308 was at 100. They weren’t concerned about groups  they just enjoyed blasting with dads .308, lol.

73DD6B6D-41F6-4D4A-BB5E-BDE4A7AFFA5B.png

bfoosh006, I tried some of the 150grn Fusion, and it shoots good. It and the Core Lokt stuff are neck and neck. They both shoot to the same poa for me. So, that's good. Right now I'm down to one box of Core lokts, and I have 3 boxes of Fusion. So, the Fusion is going with me on my hunts.