• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Good bye Brass !

survivalshop

Old news there! So far nothing has hit the shelves, which tells me it's not going anywhere. Problem is threefold,

1. Manufacturers are already set up to manufacture brass cases and would have to retool to make this stuff.

2. Reloaders would have to buy new dies for each caliber they reload for and they are expensive and proprietary at this time!

3. There's already a whole lot of conventional brass for reloading out there, and the dies you have already work just fine.

I consider myself a typical reloader and I have absolutely no interest in this new 'technology'.

3 hours ago, 392heminut said:

Old news there! So far nothing has hit the shelves, which tells me it's not going anywhere. Problem is threefold,

1. Manufacturers are already set up to manufacture brass cases and would have to retool to make this stuff.

2. Reloaders would have to buy new dies for each caliber they reload for and they are expensive and proprietary at this time!

3. There's already a whole lot of conventional brass for reloading out there, and the dies you have already work just fine.

I consider myself a typical reloader and I have absolutely no interest in this new 'technology'.

Agreed. Need some overwhelming benefit. Maybe for match shooters. 

Yeah there is a guy trying to peddle this stuff over here, he's not selling a lot, most reloaders are as tight as a nun's nasty to begin with, not too many I can imagine will willingly retool for no real advantage except that you can pick you empties up with a magnet, whoopee.