• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Rifle Buffer Length

MyJake2013

Hi gentlemen. New to the AR 10 game. Done a great deal of reading on the forums. Still need a little clarity. I am building a Aero Precision M5 308 with 20” rifle length gas system. I have already ordered the parts. I am wanting to run a collapsible Magpul stock. 

I have ordered a spikes tactical 6 position  7” buffer tube.( It measures 7.25”).  KAK industries 2.5” heavy buffer (5.3oz I believe). And Springco extra power “orange” spring. Will be running an adjustable gas block. Is what I ordered correct? 

21 hours ago, MyJake2013 said:

I have ordered a spikes tactical 6 position  7” buffer tube.( It measures 7.25”).  KAK industries 2.5” heavy buffer (5.3oz I believe). And Springco extra power “orange” spring.

20 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

It sounds like you should be OK from what you say.  The buffer tube should be 7 inches measured from the inside, not outside.

Welcome to the forum. 

^^^  He's 100% correct. Your parts list I quoted above is good.  Verify the internal depth, and run it.  :thumbup:

The adjustable gas block is purely optional.  Far from mandatory.