• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

help with Bushmaster ORC railed fore end

courtknee

I have purchased a Bushmaster 308 ORC.  I an interested in a front rail systems so I can use flip up sights.  I would like for the rails to line up (the rail below the risers of course).  Being a total AR newbie, how do I find and rail system that would not require more than basic modification of the rifle? 

thanks!

Thanks for the reply and sorry for posting in the wrong forum.  The current handguard/fore end is 8" long - not including the lips which lock into place around the delta ring and the metal piece at the front.  The one in the link is 6.125" - does this mean it would not fit?

Thanks for the reply and sorry for posting in the wrong forum.  The current handguard/fore end is 8" long - not including the lips which lock into place around the delta ring and the metal piece at the front.  The one in the link is 6.125" - does this mean it would not fit?

Sounds like a mid length or in between or is that the way it is with the removable ?

Try these.http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm

Not sure on that one.  I emailed Midwest Industries and the person who replied said they are coming out with one in the next 3-4 weeks and production is underway.

If a railed fore end is not available, why alternatives do you believe I would have in the way of iron sights?  I thought about a gas block with rails, but once again I'm not sure on sizing and if it would be level with the rail on top of the receiver.  I would really like a flip up model as in the future would like to have such a set paired with optics.

thanks again!

Yes it should be standard between vendors, midlength should be a one size for most manufacturers. Also check out Troy industries,larue, and retailers like brownells and  others of the like. Just make sure you are searching for dpms /bushy orc in. 308 as ar15 are different sizes