• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New Action Here

Hotwrench

17 minutes ago, Hotwrench said:

Bump stocks now class III

How would this work? Are they serialized? Can this proposed rule be used to describe other devices? This is a big can of worms if they actually open it. I keep hoping they will hit a roadblock and tell people they gave it a try, kinda like they did for the "Contract with America". It would be nice if a political weasel move went in our favor once........

Hell duct tape is all that is needed to red neck a bump stock.  Do they think duct tape should be class III? My big question is what part of "I support the second amendment" does our president think this move represents?  What's next, match triggers, detachable mags, all semi autos? Chipping away at our rights, chip, chip ,chip, every new action they take like this one, we loose something.  I wonder if whenever a person goes into politics they give them a release from the oath to defend the constitution?  I am sure I didn't get or seek such a release. End rant.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2018 at 8:54 AM, jtallen83 said:

How would this work? Are they serialized? Can this proposed rule be used to describe other devices? This is a big can of worms if they actually open it. I keep hoping they will hit a roadblock and tell people they gave it a try, kinda like they did for the "Contract with America". It would be nice if a political weasel move went in our favor once........

My understanding is a rifle equipped with a SlideFire or other bump-fire stock would have to be registered. Similar to SBRs, if you want to think about it that way. A 10.5" barrel isn't registered, but an upper with a short barrel cannot be fitted to a lower that is not registered.

In other words, if you have a bump-fire stock setup, you damn well better start calling BATFE about how to do a Form 1 on one lower for each stock you own. Otherwise you'll be destroying your bump-fire stock(s).

Wait...

No civilian can legally own a machinegun that was produced after 1986. Bump-fire stocks were not manufactured until well after that. So, realistically, you couldn't Form 1 it. You can't "manufacture" a machinegun for civilian possession.