• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

i was going to buy another gun.....

bgc

But I found a 1958 18' Glasspar with a 1958 Mercury Mark 75 attached to it. The guy said the boat was his father-in-laws and was put in the garage many, many years ago. It's a solid vessel and the motor looks great!. It also came with a trailer, 1990's 10 hp Mercury motor, 1963 15' Starcraft boat with trailer, and a 1963 Mercury 500 (in cloud white). The great part of the deal is the Mark75. Do a youtube search for "Mark 75/78" to hear one idling and running wide open. Then look at "1958 worlds fastest outboard"......... Happy guy!

I'm an engineer by trade and cant stop tinkering with stuff so the boats will keep me busy for some time. The primary reason was for her, we have 5 more months of chemo and she was already having issues getting in and out of the canoe.

I had a Ranger Bass Boat from 1988 up until about three years ago. I miss it a lot. Spring and fall maintenance (proper winterization) was key. Something about that Merc XR4 150 full throttled and properly trimmed that made me tingly.

Neighbors loved the sound of the 6 cylinder 2 stroke and the big cloud when I started it up in the spring.  <laughs>

• 1 month later...