• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

work

edgecrusher

jeez man freezing here. Im in a blanket drinking hot chocolate (in my dreams) 77 degrees with the ac on

I used to work at a company that tin plated wire. Used to have to work in fron of a molten pot of tin (650 degrees). Your pants and shoes would start steaming if you lingered. If that wasnt bad enough there was a great cloud of fumes from flux and hydrochloric acid used to prep the wire.

I was in maintenance but days like today guys would call in sick and the line had to stay running 24/7 so I ended up filling in frequently.

I lived in Phoenix for two years, and the summers were complete bullpoopy.  It's like the surface of the sun.  I rode a motorcycle every single day.  When it's 118, the asphalt is something like 135.  It was actually cooler to stop at a stop light, because when you were moving you just sweltered.  Turn your oven on to 150, then stick your head in there, and you'll have an idea.

The other 9 months out of the year there weren't bad, though.  I'll see if I can dig out a pic of my back porch thermometer (which was always in the shade).

Yeah, brother, and that was after "the hot part of the day," and it was cooling down.

I'll never live there again.  Never.  <thumbsup>

I'm down in the SE part of the state now - if you ever want to know how hot it is here (not bad, really), just look at the current Phoenix temp and subtract 20 degrees.  I'm at 4600 feet in town.  Higher elevation definitely helps.  Visit without fear, my man.  ;D

• 3 weeks later...

I lived in Phoenix for two years, and the summers were complete bullpoopy.  It's like the surface of the sun.  I rode a motorcycle every single day.  When it's 118, the asphalt is something like 135.  It was actually cooler to stop at a stop light, because when you were moving you just sweltered.  Turn your oven on to 150, then stick your head in there, and you'll have an idea.

The other 9 months out of the year there weren't bad, though.  I'll see if I can dig out a pic of my back porch thermometer (which was always in the shade).

I lived just north of Scottsdale, officially Cave Creek.  We moved from Oregon in July.  From 84 to 114.  "it's a dry heat" I don't give a rat's ass......it was HOT.  I tried riding without my helmet just one time.  Never again.  It was better to sweat inside and retain a little moisture.  I'd never choose to live in that part of the desert again.