• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ruger lowers

C Funnk

5 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Look for Matrix lowers on Primary Arms, last I looked they made the Ruger stuff.

http://www.primaryarms.com/search?keywords=matrix

I didn't think about the 5.56 part of that  - makes perfect sense.  Matrix "got known, publicly" with their own 308 receivers, because they made the 308s for Ruger.  Perfect sense that they made ALL the stuff for Ruger ARs, large and small. Excellent point, brother...   :thumbup:

1 minute ago, COBrien said:

Is there some master list of what companies actually manufacture uppers and lowers for certain arms makers?

Most everything on that line is hearsay. I have never seen anything from Ruger or Matrix directly confirming it but when you compare the the parts it leads you to that conclusion. I am pretty sure Chris an Live Free Armory confirmed it when he was selling Matrix but again, nothing directly from the manufacturer and I doubt you see any of them letting that info out officially from any manufacturer.

10 minutes ago, COBrien said:

Is there some master list

Nope.  Doesn't exist, as far as I know. 

There are alot of companies that just "finished" raw uppers and lowers for other companies - they were the machinists, literally "making" the parts, with other companies names and rollmarks added to them, for those companies...  Eventually, some of those "machining companies" started branding their own hardware, and selling it. 

Aero Precision started out this way.  In the early days, they made lowers for Spike's Tactical and SAA - and still do for SAA.

Stubborn Mule Outdoor Supply - this is top-tier hardware, right here.  They started by manufacturing uppers and lower for two VERY high quality companies, before they started making their own stuff. I'm still pissed at myself for NOT getting one of their lowers (made for another company), before they stopped making/selling it. I missed out...

CMT - makes ALOT of the parts for ALOT of OEM companies.

The names continue - there are alot of companies out there that have their own lower, but they don't make it themselves.  Someone else makes it for them. Very few companies make their own parts. In the old days, one of the only companies that absolutely made every single one of their own parts was Olympic Arms.  I kid you not. Hellaciously accurate barrels, too.

Edited by 98Z5V

14 minutes ago, COBrien said:

Is there some master list of what companies actually manufacture uppers and lowers for certain arms makers?

Here is some info, not sure about the accuracy but someone was;

These are machining companies not the forge company;

https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=216.0

List of forge marks;

https://www.cdsarms.com/upper-forgings/