• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Pic rail/rear sight issues revisited

I have a PSA PA10, 18", "classic" with an A2 FSB. The rail on the upper is further from the bore axis than the typical AR15 so any sight I put on the receiver rail is too high to work with the A2 sight. I'd prefer to keep the old school handguard. I've seen gas blocks that incorporate a short Pic rail but none that are coplanar with the receiver rail on my PA10. Is there such a thing? 

Someone else just went through this - or is still going through it.  Talk about another "proprietary, arbitrary" dimension.

OP, try to grab a measurement, so we can confirm.

DPMS_RECEIVER_HEIGHTS_CLOSEUP.jpg

DPMS_RECEIVER_HEIGHTS.jpg

I think the common numbers will see will be a rear tang thickness of 0.160"  0.150" on the DPMS Low, and 0.210" on the DPMS High.  I'm pretty sure this guy got a measurement of 0.195".

Screwball number and right in the middle.

Here's another description on hos to measure:

To find out if you have a newer model or older run, the easiest way to measure is with a caliper from the bottom surface that mates to the lower to the top of the rail. The new versions measure 2.003 and the old versions are 2.063.

Edited by 98Z5V