• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PA10 grips?

mley1

I've been thinking about changing my PA10's grip. I really like the Magpul K2+ grip, and have them on most of my other AR's. I haven't tried to put one on the PA10 yet, but it appears there will be a gap between the frame and the beaver tail of the grip. Is there a K2+ styled grip that will fit the PA10 with no gaps? I like the angle of the K2+ grip too, and any grip I get would need to have that angle to it.

5 hours ago, mley1 said:

I've been thinking about changing my PA10's grip. I really like the Magpul K2+ grip, and have them on most of my other AR's. I haven't tried to put one on the PA10 yet, but it appears there will be a gap between the frame and the beaver tail of the grip. Is there a K2+ styled grip that will fit the PA10 with no gaps? I like the angle of the K2+ grip too, and any grip I get would need to have that angle to it.

If there’s a gap, you’re best/cheapest  option is the Ergo Grip Spacer. They run about $5-$6 and should work just fine. Some fitting might be required. 

I like the look of that Hogue grip. I actually have a Hogue grip that doesn't have the beaver tail on it. I put it on there, and it works ok for now. I think I'm going to get one with the beaver tail though, as I like a thicker grip overall that what came with the rifle.

On 8/14/2018 at 1:05 AM, Robocop1051 said:

If there’s a gap, you’re best/cheapest  option is the Ergo Grip Spacer. They run about $5-$6 and should work just fine. Some fitting might be required. 

I thought about that. However, I'm always concerned when I have to add bits or pieces to a gun that need fitting, and I would have been concerned about the piece falling out or getting knocked out. What I'm looking for is one grip, in one piece, that is similar to the K2+. I like the angle of the K2+, and I like the rubbery feel to it. The Hogue comes real close. I just am not a big fan of the finger grooves. That's why I took mine off from a different AR in the first place. It's better than the OEM grip though. So, it's getting put into service for now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:55 PM, Boot_Scraper said:

I used the Hogue beaver tail. The tail is flexible and conforms to the lower quite well. Feels great and puts the trigger in the right spot, for me anyways. 

20170709_095744.thumb.jpg.f90732d057dac7e73a8312fc2d04a14c.jpg

this is actually good news for me. My other three ar's all have the hogue grip with the palm swell.....I just shoot better with it on there.

Dp I have to order a special hogue or does the grip come one size fits all so to speak?

Edited by painterman