• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

IWB Holster Recommendation-Stealth Gear

jrtmasp

I wanted to give a heads-up to anyone searching for a quality IWB holster.  Check out Stealth Gear.  I recently bought my second holster from them and couldn't be happier.  It's literally the most comfortable IWB I've ever tried.  I can't offer any insight into their OWB holster (yet).  Over the past year, I've bought two of their more expensive VentCore models and their double and single mag carriers. All are very well made, have a tight fit w/o retention devices, and seat close to the body to avoid printing as much as possible.  

IMO they put N82 and Crossbreed to shame. Crossbreed has fallen off quite a bit with their quality anyways.  I've also had a few G-Code holsters and many other "high-end" holsters and they don't compare.  I've had bad customer service experiences with G-Code so they are on my sh*tlist anyways. One catch to SG is they aren't cheap. I'd say they are about $20 or more overpriced but buy once cry once.  However, they constantly offer coupon codes that are 15-25% off.  By constantly, I mean on a near weekly basis if you sign up for their email.

Any other good recommendations people have found for IWB holsters?

Good luck.

1 hour ago, jrtmasp said:

IMO they put N82 and Crossbreed to shame. Crossbreed has fallen off quite a bit with their quality anyways.  I've also had a few G-Code holsters and many other "high-end" holsters and they don't compare. 

Any other good recommendations people have found for IWB holsters

Damn.  That's saying something, right there. 

I picked up an IWB for the XDs45, from We The People Holsters.  It was cheap as hell, when you use the code "DAN" - from Dan Bongino.  Retention is very solid.  I pulled that thing for $25, and it just works.  On a budget, I'd definitely look at them, if you don't want to drop more bucks. They're well worth it.

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I picked up an IWB for the XDs45, from We The People Holsters.  It was cheap as hell, when you use the code "DAN" - from Dan Bongino.  ...They're well worth it.

I appreciate the advice and I have heard of them. Seem to be regarded well.

I liked N82 in the past with the retention design and comfortable material but there’s a bit too much of it for my liking plus I prefer a combat cut for more grip clearance.

http://aliengearholsters.com/alien-gear-cloak-tuck-3-0-iwb-holster-inside-the-waistband.html

I am probably going to get this for Christmas. Alien gear has a cheaper leather backed one similar to the much more expensive crossbreed supertuck, but I want to see if the neoprene is more comfortable. plus I like the idea of the steal core part.

On 9/3/2018 at 10:25 AM, ARTrooper said:

Very popular holsters. The only gripe I’ve heard of with certain models is they need loctite but you can say that about a lot of holsters and screws loosening up.

On 9/3/2018 at 9:25 AM, ARTrooper said:

http://aliengearholsters.com/alien-gear-cloak-tuck-3-0-iwb-holster-inside-the-waistband.html

I am probably going to get this for Christmas. Alien gear has a cheaper leather backed one similar to the much more expensive crossbreed supertuck, but I want to see if the neoprene is more comfortable. plus I like the idea of the steal core part.

I've been carrying my XD Mod.2 .45 Sub-Compact in a Cloak Tuck 3.0 since January, and I love it. Hands-down, the most comfortable IWB holster I've had. Add to that the fact that you can change weapons by just swapping out the Kydex shell (for ~$15, IIRC), and it's one hell of a system.

Yes, you do need blue LocTite. But I've had to LocTite every screw on every holster I've ever used -- it's the nature of the beast.