• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Magpul UBR Gen2, Mix-N-Match colors

Whiskeyfish

Cue pity party music.

I been looking at the UBR G2 butt stocks since they were released. I like them, but I want to change up the colors. I'm not finding options to mix/match. And I'm not about buying two in different colors to change things up for what I want. I'm looking for a Black / Foliage mix. Short of buying two, is there anywhere to buy one as I'm wanting? Probably pay through the azz to get one in a configuration like I'm wanting.

I would use something to prep. Carb cleaner would work. Wipe clean. 

https://www.krylon.com/products/camouflage-paint-made-with-fusion-for-plastic-technology/

Ive used Duracoat with success. More expensive and claims to hold up better but I am not worried about that so much. I honestly feel that if SHTF, it doesn’t matter what my guns look like as long as they are fed and go pew.

2 hours ago, Whiskeyfish said:

I've never painted a stock, or polymer for that matter. Have you? What paint would adhere, without wiping it down with a de-glosser?

Cerakote bake on.  Painted many a MagPul polymer part with it.  Bake it at 170 degrees for 2 hours.  You can go 3 hours if you want, but 2 does the trick, and it's fucking tough paint.