• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

As good a place as any...

Done,  done,  and done.  Thanks to Doc and 98Z5V for this recent advice,  and all the others that helped out a new guy.  The upper did not come Wed.  New delivery Thurs.  That would make it a three day order from PSA.  Works for me if it happens.  Thanks for the leads to quality manufacturers.  I am well aware of the "...it'll get you by stuff."  I had a friend tell us a story today and it's right up our alley.  I forget his exact title but he was in charge of supply at the front,  some ville in 67'.  He was meeting up with some special forces and complains how the 16 was too long for shooting while driving a jeep.  They 'loaned ' him a 308 carbine,  his face lit up at this after he explained he had one of the villagers ( PC speak instilled here)  to build him a false bottom footlocker.  Yep,  he got it home.  I know I should have, and I will ask "  ...happen to still have it? "  Thanks once more for the assists.

Just waiting on Armalite gas tube.  I received a call from them about an order,  something wrong with my address,  package on its way.  KAK buffer received in 3 days.  Spring orange I already had.  Batch of ammo on its way.  I should get to the range this week.😥  I'm starting to remember the range days.  Sometimes I felt like I was packing for an offshore fishing trip.  It's all worthwhile in the end but the prep work is mighty.  I haven't even thought about glass yet,  or mount.  I have a HOLOSUN somewhere for now,  or maybe grab a BUIS.  I need targets.  Spotting scope,  check.  Right under that 1/2" pile of dust.  Camera,  tri stands,  camera and spotting.  Pumped up,  fired up,  super excited.

Gas tube???  I see how easy it is to start ball cracking on a manufacturer.  I swear I won't say anything like,  "  Are they walking that part over?"  Not to mention my patience quota is akin to the life span of a tse tse fly landing on a hot skillet.  I don't see me getting out to the range until next Thursday.  I did return the buffers I bought by mistake,  Primary Arms was quick in giving me a RA number.  This build,  the PSA upper and lower,  came in at well under 1 grand.  I will fire the weapon as issued and bring the components with me to the range.  I will video the first shots and merely clean and lube before hand.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen folks break out the new rifle from the box slap in a mag and let er rip.  We had a saying in plumbing,  if it squeaks its gonna leak.  Remembering a recent thread talking about porous steel and micro fissures in the metal it's similar connecting pipe.  We always used some type of lube to get a more secure fit by letting the metal slide together smoothly.  Teflon tape,  teflon paste,  dope or grease,  one way or another to make the materials mate together better.  I'll do the same on this PSA and give them a decent shot at the first couple of rounds.  If I'm locking up it won't be for lack of lube.