• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Noreen, What did I do?

screech

download.jfif

I decided to build an AR10. Found Noreen and ordered an upper/lower matched set. Then I started to research Noreen and I find very little help. My question; Did I do alright and will this set build into a dependable AR10? I am planning on Ballistic Advantage BC and barrel, Thanks for the he

Edited by screech

What's up with Noreen? Do the have a bad rep? 

Screech, you came to the right place. These boys helped me work through a poor out of the box AM-308 and now it is a 100 % reliable pleasure to shoot 308. 

Suggestion: 

Post what parts you are planning to buy, don't buy first and then ask. Save yourself some grief. We love to give advice, most of it good, all of it free!

They are 100% finished receivers, should go together w/o any issues. $168.00 (upper and lower) plus shipping, I thought is a good price.

https://onlylongrange.com/100-308-multi-cal-billet-lower-receiver-black-anodized-dpms-pattern/?campaign=73627459&variant=1

https://onlylongrange.com/308-forged-upper-receiver-dpms-pattern/

Edited by screech

YOu need a DPMS-based "Low" rail for it, based on what I saw on the link above.  Just the fact that listed Gun Tec as a direct fit for their lower - Gun Tec only makes DPMS Low upper receivers.

This is gonna be fun.  I'm interested to see where this goes, and how it functions.  Their .338LM AR doesn't run. 

52 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

YOu need a DPMS-based "Low" rail for it, based on what I saw on the link above.  Just the fact that listed Gun Tec as a direct fit for their lower - Gun Tec only makes DPMS Low upper receivers.

This is gonna be fun.  I'm interested to see where this goes, and how it functions.  Their .338LM AR doesn't run. 

I got Noreens upper and lower receivers (2 links in above post). I also got a CMMG BC group w/o serations. Plan on several V Seven parts, LaRue MBT-2S Trigger/LaRue magazines and a BA 18' barrel. I will use an A1 or A2 Stock/Grip. Need advice on a charging handle and buffer tube kit. Thank You

6 minutes ago, screech said:

I got Noreens upper and lower receivers (2 links in above post). I also got a CMMG BC group w/o serations. Plan on several V Seven parts, LaRue MBT-2S Trigger/LaRue magazines and a BA 18' barrel. I will use an A1 or A2 Stock/Grip. Need advice on a charging handle and buffer tube kit. Thank You

You already bought the CMMG BCG?  Dump it.  Get the ToolCraft BCG. 

Recoil system.  Fixed stock or collapsible stock setup?  What are you going for here?   Rifle recoil system or carbine recoil system?

15 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

You already bought the CMMG BCG?  Dump it.  Get the ToolCraft BCG. 

Recoil system.  Fixed stock or collapsible stock setup?  What are you going for here?   Rifle recoil system or carbine recoil system?

The CMMG is $215 or so at Bud's Gun Shop. I was going to order one but I will take another look at the ToolCrafts. I did not see one without FA serrations, but I guess that is really no big deal breaker.

OK, THE STOCK,,I want to use an A1 or A2 stock so I need a rifle recoil system,what should I go with? Do I need to get of the plastic bushings? Thank you for your help,,Randy

27 minutes ago, screech said:

OK, THE STOCK,,I want to use an A1 or A2 stock so I need a rifle recoil system,what should I go with? Do I need to get of the plastic bushings? Thank you for your help,,Randy

A1 and A2 stocks use the exact same Rifle receiver extension, buffer and buffer spring.  Internally, the parts are the same.  The only difference between an A1 and the A2 stock are what it takes to mount it to the Rifle receiver extension.  The A1 stock is a direct bolt-on, with the supplied vented screw.  The A2 stock is 5/8" longer than the A1, so you need that 5.8" spacer, and a 5.8" longer vented screw. 

On a .308AR, the rifle buffer needs to be 5.200" long and weigh 5.4 oz.  Anything else is junk.  For the spring, I'd use the Armalite EA-1095 spring.  YOu can get the parts you need directly from Armalite, but it's not completely necessary to do that. Hardly any company screws up the rifle recoil system.  I have seen one or two Aero Precision rifle recoil system kits that were off in measurements - those are the only ones, I think.

• 8 months later...