• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New guy from the Eastern Shore of MD

toshu

Hello everyone!!!

a bit about me..

Used to collect and shoot a lot, but for the last 10 years, did not touch a thing. last year had the opportunity to shoot the 6.5 EBR round/platform cold, and was hitting LaRue flip ups at 1250 yds. Hell, my wife, who has never shot, easily was hitting a gong at 500 yds.

Soooo... I decided I "needed" a DPMS to see if I can start to reach out a bit.

Bought a slightly used DPMS LR 308B. The barrel is chambered for 308. I have been breaking it in with 60 rounds of old Samson ammo and 20 rounds of Federal Gold.

Mods so far.....

The original owner had replaced the gas block with a low clearance unit, so I bought a DPMS rifle length FF handguard and just unscrewed the shorter carbine one and screwed on the longer one.

Also installed a Magpul PRS stock and one of the DPMS pistol grips that come with the SASS.

Finally, I also installed a RRA 2 stage trigger.

I am shooting the gun with an old Tasco 3-9 scope on a cheap set of rings that add about 1/2in to the base. Oh..BTW the upper is the HIGH railed unit.

Got other stuff planned and plan on asking for advice form you guys....

Welcome aboard!    Heck...lets spiffy that thing up some more and spend some of your bucks on it...lol

Lets get a scope and a burris pepr qd scope mount...me and my gal shoot steel at 500 yds...well she hits it....so we need to get the nikon 8429 ...yes I  know the list is almost a grand ,but the good price is under 500 bucks...I just bought my second one....ok so now what else?....hmmm  <munch> lemme think    <thumbsup>    Wash

You are right, I need a good scope and mount. I have been breaking the gun in and just using the Tasco for now.

One question that concerns me is can the HIGH upper handle a scope mount as WELL as flip up sites using even the PRS for a check weld????

Hi  Yeppers the burris pepr works well on the cheek weld

ive got three of these and a rock river  which is pretty much the same...they look high but they are perfect for my cheek weld <thumbsup>  wash

Hi  Ive got the mega ma10 which is the high dpms 308 upper....the difference between the high and low dpms is just a scootch.....you're not talkin bout the rock rover eos upper which is waaay high,but i dont even think thats offered in a 308?...and you ve got the dpms right ?  Wash