• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Faxon MLOK Streamline AR308 Handguard review

haewired

Just a novice guy sharing his experience on the Faxon Streamline MLOK AR10 Handguard.  I believe Faxon is better known for their barrels, but this handguard is well made.  Out of the ordinary, this handguard offers anti-rotation tabs, and quick detach sling loops at the muzzle end of the handguard.  This rail has a "high Tang" which matches up well with my JP Enterprises side charging upper.  If you want you could remove the Anti-rotation tabs, but why would you want to?  I really like the design of the barrel nut.  There are no indexing holes or groves so there's no need to overtorque the barrel nut.  Even better, the flats are at the end of the barrel nut, so there's no need to find or modify a Crow's foot that will fit.  Since this handguard is pretty much skeletonized, it makes it easy to access my JP Enterprises adjustable gas block.  The last handguard I used, I had to take a grinding stone and cut a notch so I could access the adjustment screw. 

Overall this handguard is light, sturdy, and very functional.  On top of that, the price is right compared to many other handguards I've seen in the .308 range.  Only thing I wish is they came in colors other than just anodized black.  Highly recommended!

DSC00421.JPG

DSC00423.JPG

DSC00424.JPG

DSC00428.JPG

DSC00425.JPG

DSC00426.JPG

DSC00429.JPG

DSC00431.JPG

DSC00430.JPG

On 6/19/2019 at 1:00 AM, sketch said:

that is sexy!

Yes it is!

Field report here.  I like this handguard a lot!  It's light, slick and stout!  I shot about 40 rounds through it and it felt just right for me in my small hands.  For the price and what you get, it's definitely worth it!  Hope this helps someone out there!

• 1 month later...