• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Need Parts ID, Tell Me What I Have

jtallen83

Recently snagged a box of parts and cleaning supplies, it has several parts I cannot ID. About had to be some sort of Armorers kit, military stuff in it like M2 parts, Knights rail covers, M203 barrel stops for the RAS, even a Phoenix Jr. IR strobe. I will post the pics seperatley to make quotes shorter. Here is the cleaning kit label;

IMG_1837.thumb.jpg.05ddb9a78c34f384aac5bbc7abb325e6.jpg

9 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Rings but for what?

IMG_1830.thumb.jpg.da85b08662b11b9a3c1000b84966ea29.jpgIMG_1853.thumb.jpg.cff07a7c390eff60d13a05b0d393961b.jpg

Aimpoint Comp M2 risers, to co-witness on a flat-top AR with the Aimpoint QRP mount.  The original mount was made to co-witness with the dovetai carry-handle cantilever mount.  They had to raise the optic for flat tops, and use that same QRP mount.  One of those is absolute co-witness, the other is lower-third co-witness.  Should have come with longer screws, too.

9 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

A rail switch but for what?

IMG_1849.thumb.jpg.96f461b75afe8750852ff53d7f3694bc.jpg

Original SureFire 6P light.  You'll need the dedicated tailcap to make it work on that light. That switch was used on other things, too, like the PEQ2 laser.

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

One of those is absolute co-witness, the other is lower-third co-witness.  Should have come with longer screws, too.

Cool, maybe I can find someone that can use them then with the latest interest in clone builds. No extra screws in the kit though.

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

Original SureFire 6P light.  You'll need the dedicated tailcap to make it work on that light. That switch was used on other things, too, like the PEQ2 laser.

Maybe it will work on my Surefire M951 as well then? Don't remember it having prongs on the plug though.

2 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Maybe it will work on my Surefire M951 as well then? Don't remember it having prongs on the plug though.

It will, if you have the tailcap for it.  I have one of those lights. 

Just now, 98Z5V said:

It will, if you have the tailcap for it.  I have one of those lights. 

I bought one of those kits maybe ten years back when everyone was going LED, $100 buck for the whole kit in like new condition so I couldn't pass it up, that blue filter helped my nephew track down the blood trail on a poorly hit deer, and cost me $15 in batteries. :laffs: My tailcap has the button and the plug-in, switch that came with it says Surefire on it though, does it need a different tailcap for this switch?