• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

.45 AR showed up at my house today.

Peachey

Just now, sketch said:

kci and glock same issue on my fx lower but might not fix your problems, just a thought?

May very well be. I'm pushing him to get the buffer and spring right first. His B-day is right around the corner so we're gonna get him a spring for sure, possibly a buffer too. I swear it looked just like a PSA carbine buffer we have laying around. Also that little ejector adjustment tidbit is going to really impress the boys lol. Plus if I know my brother, he won't stop until he has more mags than he can carry regardless. It really was fun to shoot, just gotta get him set up right first. Y'all are awesome!

2 minutes ago, Peachey said:

May very well be. I'm pushing him to get the buffer and spring right first. His B-day is right around the corner so we're gonna get him a spring for sure, possibly a buffer too. I swear it looked just like a PSA carbine buffer we have laying around. Also that little ejector adjustment tidbit is going to really impress the boys lol. Plus if I know my brother, he won't stop until he has more mags than he can carry regardless. It really was fun to shoot, just gotta get him set up right first. Y'all are awesome!

Get the MagPul Glock mags.  Outside of a couple factory Glock mags for my 19X, the only other Glock mags I have are MagPuls. 

Check that buffer length - if it looks just like that PSA carbine buffer, it's not the pistol PCC-specific buffer that New Frontier was talking about in their kit - which means the previous owner just slapped all this stuff together on a stripped New Frontier lower.  And used whatever. The PCC-specific buffer will be 4 1/8" long, and should be close to 8oz. 

Exactly 98, I'm 99% certain he'll need the spring and buffer. Since we know for a fact I need them too, then it's easy to justify buying it all at once. Off topic, but did you catch the part about 4 quarters in mine in the other thread? It was exactly where you suggested it would be. 3 worked as well, but we figured if 4 works it's just added insurance against beating the lower to death. He's going to take the tube to work some night and mill it down so Its a more legit fix. Sorry, I'll get back on topic now lol.

8 minutes ago, Peachey said:

Exactly 98, I'm 99% certain he'll need the spring and buffer. Since we know for a fact I need them too, then it's easy to justify buying it all at once. Off topic, but did you catch the part about 4 quarters in mine in the other thread? It was exactly where you suggested it would be. 3 worked as well, but we figured if 4 works it's just added insurance against beating the lower to death. He's going to take the tube to work some night and mill it down so Its a more legit fix. Sorry, I'll get back on topic now lol.

I missed that part - but good deal!   It sucks to have to fix these things like this, but it's still a test to verify proper operation.  That's proof-positive that the extension wasn't right.