• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

.260 rem. wilson barrel

sagebrush

just come in from gun room working on .260 rem. wilson barrel. bought barrel last spring on sale, just now putting it on m5 upper. after reading 98's experience with this barrel i had .081 drill bits ready. happy to say that someone at wilson must read this forum. the port in my barrel was .081 already, didn't have to drill it.:banana:brownells bolt headspaced correctly, may get it put together next couple of nights.

9 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

just come in from gun room working on .260 rem. wilson barrel. bought barrel last spring on sale, just now putting it on m5 upper. after reading 98's experience with this barrel i had .081 drill bits ready. happy to say that someone at wilson must read this forum. the port in my barrel was .081 already, didn't have to drill it.:banana:brownells bolt headspaced correctly, may get it put together next couple of nights.

THAT IS AWESOME NEWS!!!    :hail:  I guess I was the Guinea Pig...   :banana::lmao::thumbup:

You have no idea how happy I am that companies are changing what they do, and making it right.  I don't care where it came from, just make it right.  If it came from here, then that's just badass.  If it came from their own R&D - that's still badass.  I guess I was a sucker in getting one of the first ones out, but that doesn't matter, not in the least. 

If we could get PSA to stop making band-aids, and fix their platform, we'd have alot less headaches around here, diagnosing the issue, then arguing the problems that the gun has, with the people that bought the guns...  Adjustable gas blocks are NOT the answer for under-recoiled firearms... They're just a Band-Aid Fix for an inherent problem with the weapon...   :thumbup:  

I still jave to send the barrel back. I got a custom barrel from mcgowen because i wanted a 16 inch. No clue why the headspace is so far off, but they said they would take care of it.

I did try it with different bolts and no luck. Tried my bcg with other barrels and it worked fine. Clearly an issue with my barrel.