• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Help please

aadavis94

14 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

DAMN!!!  Look at that ejector spring!!! 

Collapsed and buggered up. Never seen coil spring collapse like that unless from lots of heat. Buggering is at the bottom end, probably  from trying to pry out from the witness hole. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/8/2020 at 9:14 AM, Albroswift said:

Tough little bugger, wouldn't come out on it's own, and milling / drilling with the spring behind it was problematic. Broke a couple of carbide endmills in the process. Bore a couple thousands oversized, thinking about making a couple of O/S ejectors out of a #22 or a 4mm drill rod. Probably easy enough f I do the AR15 style cut. 

Bolt3.thumb.jpg.d5f98e1429487b493c688595751eea6f.jpg

Bolt1.thumb.jpg.cc42e7ad772243c93ba35ced4849f223.jpg

Bolt5.thumb.jpg.92e2be5f3af164acc4e26eed14aaa2ae.jpg

Bolt7.thumb.jpg.92b22e8d89e2c89266f1f3a40204dd14.jpg

MGL.thumb.jpg.ab4c63ef4590660757a1deb6ad1987e9.jpg

Bolt8.thumb.jpg.598caa1969aef6ba4d56e02c58dc5bc7.jpg

Wicked cool work Albroswift!

1 hour ago, Swiftab said:

I think HSS is too brittle.  Can you get a core pin or ejector pin in the size you need?  DME or PCS should have the pins you need if you want to make some.

Never heard of core pin, I'll check it out. I use hss drill rod for small punches, doesn't seem brittle.  Bends before breaks. 

Edited by Albroswift

Interesting. They also have hardened M2 which they describe as "Drill Blanks"  so ordered a couple sticks of each. Didn't have the Core Pins oversized 5/32 (well 0.0007 over, need a little more then that) Not seeing much difference between Hardened M2 and HSS, HSS seems to have a little more heat resistance. Cool place to shop, good inventory, quick shipping, good pricing. Thanks for the tip! 

• 3 weeks later...

OK, @aadavis94 ran out 2 clips in the 12.5 sig using the bolt with the oversized ejector,  ran fine 2:00 to 3:00 ejection pattern at around 10ft. Funny thing my spare DPMS firing pin didn't fit. Too big. Is this supposed to be a high pressure bolt?

Anyway 

The one out of my Toolcraft fit. The Toolcraft wasn't sold as high pressure, need to put a mike on it maybe they use the smaller pin for everything. 

Had it in a 6.5cm before buying a high pressure bcg, no ill effects. 

No problem.  May want to try an AGB anyway,  not mandatory but I run them on large frame builds, slow the BCG down until I  loose LRBHO and then open up half a crank or so. Not speaking for everyone but my 3 large frames extract/eject/reload the most reliably with the minimum amount of gas necessary. 

First thank you to @Albroswift for fixing my bolt for me. 

Still having an ejecting issue but not as much. Only about 2/3 of the time. Seems like I will go 1-4 shots with it ejecting fine then I get a FTE that prevents the next round from chambering and it jams up. I've got it lubed up real well. I think my next option is an AGBI saw that aero precision just released theirs and am thinking about ordering one. 

Looks like a nice block, out of stock this morning.

I'm running a seekins on a couple of builds, need a long allen to adjust from the front and the lock screw if you'r lucky lines up enough to get a ball end allen through one of the openings in the handguard. I have one of the superlatives on another build, no lock screw just need long allen adjusts from the front clicks in place. 

20190918_173240.thumb.jpg.1a4739423e2e2a041472baef51c92f76.jpg