Help please

aadavis94

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/15/2020 at 12:21 PM, san said:

+1 over-gassed. 

I like the way this guy removes, installs the ejector and test.  Looks to be a 45auto case cut down.

I use the clamp like that but use a little wooden block with a notch and a hole to set the bolt on when driving pins.

• 2 weeks later...

I was having the same problem with the bolt on my RRA Lar8 had FTE problems. So I got bolt vices from Young manufacturing. I worked it for a few days. Even with the roll pin out wouldn't let go. Got rust buster, hit it with a alignment pin and tryied to slip it off the face so the plunger would lift higher than the lug. Finally was able to and grab it with needle nose pliers. It was bound with brass shavings. Of course I got it out after I ordered another bolt. 

IMG_20200327_132017087.jpg

IMG_20200327_131935006.jpg

IMG_20200327_145322809.jpg

IMG_20200327_131837072_BURST000_COVER.jpg

On 3/13/2020 at 4:31 PM, aadavis94 said:

No If you had read the last couple posts you would of seen that when I took my old ejector out it went flying and I couldn't find it. I ordered a new one and now it is stuck in the bolt. 

Don't troll my posts 

Troll your post???

Gee I'm sorry for having an opinion that you don't agree with.  Good luck, I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out your own problem.

18 minutes ago, montanamac said:

Troll your post???

Gee I'm sorry for having an opinion that you don't agree with.  Good luck, I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out your own problem.

You took long enough to reply - you had to have seen that days ago when you were here - but you didn't respond then.  Why is that?  You were here numerous times since he posted that, and you were quoted in it, so you had that notification, as soon as you came back onto the board.  Yet, you waited to make a response... 

:popcorn:

Edited by 98Z5V

I invited @aadavis94 over from another board because he was having problems, he has verified correct components and fixed all the common problems and did a pretty good job of describing it. All the information is there so Yes, @montanamac, Maybe you should have read the entire thread before you made your unhelpful comment, wouldn't have bothered me but I'm not known to have any feelings.

ANYWAY, back to the subject I'm still thinking adjustable gas block and maybe 6.8 oz buffer. You still with us, aadavis94?

On 3/31/2020 at 11:25 PM, Rsquared said:

I like those Young bolt tools. For both platforms.

+1 on that. In a good vice these are rock solid. Also, for this application in particular, I grind a punch out of a piece of drill rod with just enough tip to go about 1/2 way into the bolt. Can hit it really hard and doesn't bend like mild steel or brass. 

• 1 month later...

Tough little bugger, wouldn't come out on it's own, and milling / drilling with the spring behind it was problematic. Broke a couple of carbide endmills in the process. Bore a couple thousands oversized, thinking about making a couple of O/S ejectors out of a #22 or a 4mm drill rod. Probably easy enough f I do the AR15 style cut. 

Bolt3.thumb.jpg.d5f98e1429487b493c688595751eea6f.jpg

Bolt1.thumb.jpg.cc42e7ad772243c93ba35ced4849f223.jpg

Bolt5.thumb.jpg.92e2be5f3af164acc4e26eed14aaa2ae.jpg

Bolt7.thumb.jpg.92b22e8d89e2c89266f1f3a40204dd14.jpg

MGL.thumb.jpg.ab4c63ef4590660757a1deb6ad1987e9.jpg

Bolt8.thumb.jpg.598caa1969aef6ba4d56e02c58dc5bc7.jpg

Question for anyone out there, do you think HSS drill rod would be a fair substitute for the steel used in ejectors? (Not asking about the economics of fabbing $5.00 parts, just the material!) When trying to drill the old one out, my guess would be HSS or maybe 5% cobalt in hardness. Needed solid carbide to really cut it. 

20200508_174550.thumb.jpg.d58ab80c6a7386b5bef20cde1ee92fbf.jpg