• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Buttstock Plug

Lane

This is a bit of a niche item; but it's also very inexpensive to produce. A laser cut press-fit plug for the end of an adjustable stock; fits in at least a few that I tried. There are a number of things that can be fit inside the remaining space with ease; and in NY we need "fixed" stocks anyway, so the space is a constant length. The plug pries out easily enough with a screwdriver, and a pair of them (at 1/8" thick) glued together holds in very tight.

Could probably do even better out of some real wood sliced 1/4"+; and would be dying that some shade of black. It could also be 3D printed just the same; but I'm not totally up to speed on how much better that could be (I'm guessing worse). This was a quick prototype, and I think it worked out alright. Could easily tune it a little tighter in a few areas; but drawing is included for anyone that cares. Free!

IMG_5998.JPG

StockPlug5.svg

I won't lie to you all around here. That was the working name of my file during design, but I figured it would be best rename the posted version so that nobody got hurt trying to use it the "wrong" way; sharp edges and all...

Made a quick modification to allow a bullet tip to pry it out; and sketched out a slightly more complex version that uses and o-ring clamped between plates to secure it. That would require something like a Nylock nut glued into a hex hole (not visible on the back of one half), and some kind of flat faced screw. It unfortunately sacrifices even more of the space in the process, but not too much more.

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 5.10.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 4.56.37 AM.png

IMG_6000.JPG

StockPlug6.svg