• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Right side charge handle & right side eject

deckert

Besides the three companies below...

• eisenacharms.com
  • fulton-armory.com
  • gibbzarms.com

does anyone KNOW of any other companies that build right side charger AR-10's? Clarification follows!

Gibbz calls this one below a right side but it's actually left as far as I'm concerned. The charger 'handle' is on the left side. Their 'left side charger' ejects to the left and has the charging handle on the right side. Neither of these are what I'm looking for.

1588908539844.png

<<<<<Right Side Charger -------- Left Side Charger>>>>>

1588910720838.png

This picture below is what I'm looking for in an AR-10 platform.

1588908697301.png

I found what I'm looking for..sorta, thru Fulton-Armory. What I didn't' find was a 'plug' to block where the bolt carrier key exits the upper at the rear. I sent a letter to them asking what about the plug? They said I have to put a regular charge handle in but that's not what I need/want.
Eisenacharms has the same design as Fulton and costs $60.00 more. They charge $20.00 for a five cent plastic carrier key plug that's not secured/screwed in. In my view, it has the ability to blow out and hit you in the face. 

1588909043869.png

(This is a bolt carrier key from Fulton Arms)

Sanders Armory, out of Cape Coral, Florida "used to build" really nice side chargers for AR-15's but apparently no longer does. Here's how theirs' was/is blocked off.

1588911626415.jpeg

<<<<<

Any leads, ideas?

Dan

Edited by deckert
Spelling

• 5 months later...

Hope its okay to dredge up a 6 month old thread but wondering if anything came of this ? .... I too am looking for a large frame "right" side charging upper.. ie: a regular stripped upper without a forward assist or a shell deflector. I can mill the extended bolt catch slot if i have to but it would be great to find one all ready to go.
Thoughts?

3 hours ago, SA_Bob said:

Hope its okay to dredge up a 6 month old thread but wondering if anything came of this ? .... I too am looking for a large frame "right" side charging upper.. ie: a regular stripped upper without a forward assist or a shell deflector. I can mill the extended bolt catch slot if i have to but it would be great to find one all ready to go.
Thoughts?

Stay away from the Gibbz - there's another failure story right here on the board, if you look for it, recently.  That stuff just doesn't work.

We're about done here, trying to diagnose it, too. It's always the same story - never works.  And we've tried all we can try - it's just not machined right.

Yikes..... Gibbz Arms is definitely out after reading the other posts.  I did contact BCA via email and got a pretty quick reply from a nice gal over there that seemed pretty confident that they'd have some stripped "side-charge" uppers for sale around the start of the new year.  Encouraged , but not getting my hopes too high just based on the current state of the Firearms business in this country. If anyone else comes up with any other ideas shoot them my way. Thanks

Ordered 11/11/2020 
Still searching for a same in .308 that isn't mad of gold/titanium/un-obtanium.

Unk what BCA or Eisenacharms still has in stock. I 'almost' went with a full upper from BCA for the cost but didn't like/want the barrel/flash suppressor/guard.
Screw the stripped uppers, I want my parts to fit. Just my opinion. This order is complete upper with BCG. 

Dan

Image1.jpg

11 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

So, what are you building - a 5.56 gun? Good luck on Moriarti, too - that's not the best stuff out there. This is gonna get interesting...   :popcorn:

Yes, am doing another 5.56 in a side charger but STILL trying to find an upper that's suitable as a RIGHT side charger in .308. My biggest gripe being the upper MUST have the threaded plug where the charging handle goes in. I've seen about every other convoluted method of plugging the slot but if it's not the threaded plug..then I'll pass on it.

'My' 1st side charger 5.56 was from Sanders Armory in Fla. BUT...now they can't get their vendor to supply them. 8~12 month wait & that's a "maybe". He quit doing .308's 2? years ago because people were to stupid to figure out how to properly build them.  

Only good thing..sorta.. is the 15 upper/lower parts are fairly standard...

308's are a different breed. We've built both and never had a problem but have never built a right-side charging .308. Still looking forward to doing one.

I don't know anything about Moriarti so I guess I'll be finding out. 😐

Dan