• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Troy Micro Battle Sights

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I finally mounted my BUIS. My build was to make a rifle as compact as possible without crossing into the SBR realm. Those pictures will come eventually...

I actually really like these sights, but I've been spoiled by my Magpul MBUS. I like how low they are. I like how quick the DOA lines up. I don't like how difficult they are to deploy. The MBUS is a quick snap then just push them back into place. The Troy sights are tough to lift into place then you have to depress a lock to put them back.

I hear guys say that they will trust their lives on Troy BUIS sights before they will on the plastic MBUS... I can't fault the Magpul design. For the money spent, I think the Magpul is a perfect sight. Add the Trijicon tritium front sight post and you have something comparable to the Troy tritium for much less.

I'm not dissatisfied with the Troy BUIS, but I'm not overwhelmingly satisfied to the point that I think I'll replace my GenII MBUS set.

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't looked at those in person.  Is there tritium in the front and rear sights?  Just the front?

Concerning the metal versus plastic, people said the same thing about Ruger's new 10/22 trigger group.  Somewhere there is a video of a person jumping up and down on the plastic tg...still have yet to find the video of the metal one being jumped on.

Our Marlin 795 has a plastic hammer but it goes bang every time.

Heck, in Russia they don't know what to do with all the plastic car bodies that they made from the 1950s on.  The engines and chassis are no good but the plastic bodies are still there.

Jon

• 1 month later...