• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Recoil pad for DPMS LR-308

Is there a good, cushiony butt pad for this? I'm a slim-build guy with not a lot of padding on my bones, making my .308 not as much fun to shoot as it should be. Can't find anything through Google search except pads for AR-15s. But as the photos of my two rifles show, the rear of my .308 stock has a concave profile vs my Bushmaster M4's slightly convex shape. Might there be a pad where this difference wouldn't even matter? It seems the empty space created by the slightly concave profile might actually enhance the cushion effect, but don't know if it would present a mounting or fit issue. 

AR 308 stock.png

M4 stock.png

• 10 months later...
16 hours ago, Virago said:

Does anyone know of a recoil pad for the Magpul CAGE 1LX50 PRS stock on the DPMS LR G2 SASS?

Information posted in your other thread. 

Also, you keep stating "CAGE 1LX50" like it's some kind of model number that will help identify your stock.  It's not.  CAGE codes are assigned by Defense Logistics Agency to identify commercially available products (and companies) that are available to the military.  Those codes are assigned to a manufacturer.  CAGE 1LX50 is MagPul's specific CAGE Code.  All MagPul products have a specific NSN, per item, for each item that's available to the military...

Different companies have different CAGE codes.  "Commercial And Government Entity" is what it means.  Civilian companies that make military-accepted parts.  CAGE code gets assigned to the company, NSN gets assigned to each individual part that THAT company makes - that the military accepts, and offers.

Look up CAGE code 086B5.

Edited by 98Z5V

17 hours ago, Virago said:

The standard recoil pad for 6 position stocks are said not to work on the PRS, but I’ll look into it further! Thanks!

That's why I posted a direct link to the PRS pad - in your other thread.