• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello

MaDuce

Hello guys. I'm from the Sacramento area of California.

I recently custom ordered a Red X .308 upper as a start to a .308 Build. It's basically the one they have advertised on their website except it comes with a standard fluted barrel in stead of their bull barrel. UPS tracking says it'll be here on Thursday.

I joined this community to learn a little about the world of .308 AR parts to decide  on how to go about finishing the project.

I'm a little experienced in AR type rifle building. I have a 5.56 lower I assembled from a stripped receiver, parts kit and various furniture. I'm currently waiting on an Addax ZK upper that I pre-ordered. Once here, that'll complete my first rifle of this type.

I am not expecting to have this .308 build up and running until Jan or Feb of next year and even then I intend to continually upgrade it.

The problem right now, as I have mentioned, is not knowing much about the quality and performance of .308 AR parts nor am I well versed in parts compatibility. I'm here to learn the ropes.

I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Another Sacto guy! Welcome. You've come to the right place to ask questions. These guys will do their best to answer everything you throw at them.

If you run into any big snags, hit me up before you go to River City rip-off, or any of the other $95 per hour hack jobs. I'm in West Sac, but I work just south of downtown. I'm pretty much available all the time.

I am not expecting to have this .308 build up and running until Jan or Feb of next year and even then I intend to continually upgrade it.

I'll bet we can help you bust that completion timeline...  ;D

I mostly just build for me, family and a few friends I work with/around. It's not about making money for me. It's just something I like to do, that doesn't piss off the wife.

That's an awesome plan, Robo!!!  <thumbsup>  Keep the parts coming in, for "family and friends," tell the wife it's all for "family and friends," and get her used to that idea...  I know where that one is going...  <lmao> 

She won't know what parts are what, how much is really yours, etc...  <laughs>

AWESOME!!!  8)

I'm LE as a day job, but at night I pretend like I know what I'm doing to build AR's.

I mostly just build for me, family and a few friends I work with/around. It's not about making money for me. It's just something I like to do, that doesn't piss off the wife.

That's always good. Being a LEO, the most common line you'd here from me in gun building is, "Will doing this get me in to trouble." LOL. I seam to spend a HUGE amount of my gun building time making sure I'm not doing anything that's going to get me in to trouble. Outside of that, I am REALLY hoping to eventually make some local friends who are in to gun building as a hobby. If you want to meet up some time and trade knowledge, ideas, etc. I am all for it.

I'll bet we can help you bust that completion timeline...  ;D

I REALLY want to believe that but I cannot. I'm just not that rich. If I went with only the very cheapest stuff I could find, I'd still be lucky to have it done by the end of January. And I'd have to completely ignore things like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Not going to happen. It's nice wishful thinking though.