• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

new 300 test loads

Jgun

• 8 years later...
On 12/28/2011 at 5:33 PM, Jgun said:

I was able to chrono my 125 gr 300BLK test loads today, Unfortunately, my hottest load of 21.5 gr of LIL GUN powder behind a Speer 125 gr TNT only gave me a best velocity of 2550 fps. I was hoping to get 2600 fps from it. I see no indications of excess pressure, so I'm thinking about trying another 1/2 grain after I have the barrel melonited. I'm starting to get into  compressed load territory here because I can't reduce the seating depth of the bullet any further without having to worry about the rd not being secure in the case. Maybe the melonite process will help the situation a little.

I am curious what OAL you are using? I just loaded 21.5 gr of LIL GUN at 2.165 COAL and trimmed the brass at 1.363. They didn't seat very far into the case mouth but I am about to see if that works perhaps later today.

9 hours ago, Danny Warren said:

I am curious what OAL you are using? I just loaded 21.5 gr of LIL GUN at 2.165 COAL and trimmed the brass at 1.363. They didn't seat very far into the case mouth but I am about to see if that works perhaps later today.

That was 8 1/2 years ago that @Jgun posted that...   It might be better to try to send him a PM and ask.  If his notifications are turned on, he'll get that notification in his email.

If he responds, tell him to get his ass back in here once in awhile...  :thumbup: 

Also, you definitely just won the "Oldest Necro Award."  Well done.   :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V