• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Creedmoor Acting up

shooterrex

The Creedmoor ran fine for 150rnds. Then it started leaving the empty cases in the action while also trying to load the next round. The ejector is flat on this bolt. Top pic.

Switched to a Brownells bolt from one of my 308 pistols. I only fired 10 rounds w/this bolt but it ran as designed.

It has a rounded off ejector. 2nd pic.

I ordered KAK ejectors that are rounded off for my other 308 bolts that have flat ejectors. I think this will solve this and future problems.

Last pic is what the gun was doing.

Yes I know I need to clean the bolts.

IMG_20201004_231653.jpg

IMG_20201004_231613.jpg

IMG_20200927_163156.jpg

I think the different ejector shape fixed it. I was limited on time and only ran 10 rounds with the Brownells bolt. But it ran fine w/the round top ejector. It wasn't ejecting anything after the first 150 rounds that ejected fine. It would eject the brass if I only loaded 1 round in the magazine and would lock the bolt back on the empty mag. I tried 3 different P mags. A 10 rnd and 2 20rnd magazines.

Gas block is tight and the gas tube is where it belongs.

If it doesn't rain any more I'll get out back tommorow. We will see.

13 minutes ago, shooterrex said:

It would eject the brass if I only loaded 1 round in the magazine and would lock the bolt back on the empty mag.

I've been preaching about square-faced ejectors for years, here. They'll stop a round feeding from the right-side of the magazine, if the problem is severe enough, with the ejector.

57 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I've been preaching about square-faced ejectors for years, here. They'll stop a round feeding from the right-side of the magazine, if the problem is severe enough, with the ejector.

And having remembered reading that advise is why I tried switching to the bolt w/the rounded ejector.

Thank you.

• 4 months later...
On 10/5/2020 at 7:29 PM, shooterrex said:

Ran another 50 rounds through it today. Not 1 problem. This was using the Brownells BCG w/the rounded ejector.

I've been having similar issues with my 308, dribbling empty's out on the truck hood.. I was undergassed, and have now drilled up 3 times, I bought a heavy buffer and a KAK rounded ejector, I ran fine tonight with the new .990 gas port, heavy buffer, and 40 coil flat wire buffer spring with the XM80's that made me realize I had a problem.. thanks you you and 98, I've had some insight on this issue. I have not installed the KAK ejector yet as I didn't have time before dark, but I'm fairly certain I will in due time. Thanks to 308AR forum and you fine gents.