• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Wrong magazines or wrong bcg?

Duke

Hey guys and gals, I bought a Moriarti armament.308 and assembled it with a Trybe BCG. It will not feed correctly either because of the BCG not being the correct one for this rifle or the magazines are the wrong type. I must note I have tried two types of magazines, PMAG by magpul and DPMS-LR .308... so I am leaning toward the trybe bcg being the culprit here. The issue I am seeing is that the Carrier looks to be thicker on the bottom and not locking back far enough to catch a round from the mags to chamber. This bolt will smoothly go into battery without a mag in the rifle, but does as described above with a magazine. Any help would be appreciated, thanks 

I know there have been some issues with some of the Moriarti tolerances and I do not recall what those ones were, but look to the recoil system measurements and make sure you’ve really got enough room for that BCG to travel. It could also be your culprit. 

Edited by DNP