• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Met up with Edgecrusher...

98Z5V

Found out awhile ago that Massachussetts member Edgecrusher was going to visit AZ.  Last weekend, on Sunday 16 Oct 11, we linked up, right here in the Arizona desert.  First off, I gotta say it was an absolute RIOT!!!  <thumbsup> <laughs>

Some time ago, I saw him mention visiting AZ in a post, or something.  First thing I thought was, "it's a damn big state, so he'll probably not even be close to me..."  A little while later, my curiousity was in high gear, so I sent him a PM and asked where he was coming to, in the state.  Damn, when I found out he was only going to be about 40 miles away, the wheels started grinding...  ;D

So, with him being as close as he was, we had everything setup for a shoot on the local "formal" range, so we could use some of the rifles at distance.  I brought a couple buddies out there with me (one from work, and one Army buddy that was getting ready to deploy), and Greg (Edge) brought his fiancee and future Parents-In-Law.  I'll mention his Father-In-Law in a few...  <thumbsup>

I brought out a few of the rifles - I think there were 4 or 5 ARs that didn't make the Meet-n-Greet, because I only have so much room in the bed of my truck...  <lmao>

EdgeMeet.jpg

There's literally a handful of Kimber .45s that aren't in that pic, too, but I think Greg got a pic of them.  <thumbsup>

So, we set everything up starting at one shooting bench, as the crowd cleared out, but after a couple rounds of shooting, we had the entire right side of the range taken up by all our stuff, spread out on several shooting positions. Mags were going everywhere, to all the shooting positions, and we were whacking targets from 25 yards out to 550 yards.  Greg's Father-In-Law brought out a couple guns chambered for .45 Long Colt - one lever action rifle, and a revolver.  I had a paper target board set out on the 50 yard line, and he was just ripping that thing up - VERY accurately - with that .45LC revolver!  8)  He is good.

Greg's fiancee like the 16" midlength AR, same one that I added the CSW to - she was damn good with it, hitting damn near everything she set the scope on.  Awesome! 

After quite awhile of shooting, we all headed back into town to a local steakhouse, and proceeded to stuff ourselves with a good meal  All in all, it's one of the very best range sessions I've had in a very, very long time, and I'm glad we started talking to set this up.  You're one HELL of a great guy, Greg, and I'm damn glad I had the chance to meet you, and the family.  <thumbsup>

the pleasure was all mine. your hospitality did not go unnoticed and we all had a good time, and even though i couldn't get my fiance's father to shoot a gun made past the turn of the century ( it's sacrilage to shoot anything with smokeless powder you know!) he had fun watching his little girl ring the steel all over the place. i had a great time and suggest anyone thinking of it to just go out there, it's beautiful country and good people. now i have to start looking at some of that land that was for sale :o. on our last day we went to the scottsdale gun club, and it was worth every penny. i have some video i'll either try to post or link to but that is a must go for anyone. just bring rent money  <laughs>, because it's fun as hell to rent toys! thanks again tom, and just to warn you, we''ll be back  <thumbsup>

okay, so on our last day in arizona we went to the scottsdale gun club and rented all sorts of fun stuff, but i bookend the fun with these

i'm not gonna lie, the last one burned a little, but was fully worth it  :auto: :banana: <thumbsup> = ;D

oh, my fiance liked the ump so much, i barely had to suggest a usc to ump conversion. now i have to get some 45 action going, and get a usc, and her father already convinced her about buying me a 1911 at some point, "no man is complete without one", and she rented a glock 21 and loved every second of that, and i just found one for sale that is mass compliant. maybe she won't get her stag this christmas.  <lmao>