• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Feed issues M5 .308

BLL

I just finished building a m5 .308. Won’t feed round to fire. I can place a round in barrel and BCG closes fine. It will sometimes feed several rounds after initial round fires, but not every time. When the next round goes into battery it sticks and is hard to get out with charging handle, requires two hands. Parts used in build: 

Aero precision M5 lower

Aero precision upper

Aero precision BCG

Proof research carbon fiber 18” barrel.875 rifle length gas port 

troy gas block ss rifle length tube

jp mklll hand guard

precision armament hypertap muzzle break

pmag 20 rd

Burris  XTR Genll milrad scope

Edited by BLL

6 hours ago, BLL said:

Aero complete lower w/moe grip PRS rifle stock. Barrel and gas block are .875 w/ rifle length tube. 

The PRS is now on the 3rd Generation, and can be mounted to a rifle receiver extension or a mil-spec carbine receiver extension.  We need to know what you have for a recoil system, not what the stock is.  And, the full specs on the recoil system.  Receiver extension internal depth, buffer length, buffer weight, spring relaxed length with coil count, wire diameter...

Gas port diameter on that barrel is gonna need to be 0.088"~0.093".Where does the gas tube end in the upper receiver.  Pull the BCG out and take a pic that shows where the gas tube ends in the upper.

Edited by 98Z5V

I will have to check with Aero tomorrow for specs on recoil system. Their website doesn’t show anything on specific recoil system specs. I just ordered the complete lower, and was told it was compatible with a proof barrel. The gas port shows .875 on barrel and the box it came in. Do you get an oversized tube? 

A1BF0D79-79E3-42B7-97BF-0663F4677745.jpeg

2 hours ago, BLL said:

I will have to check with Aero tomorrow for specs on recoil system. Their website doesn’t show anything on specific recoil system specs.

Or, you can do it yourself - and rely on the numbers that you get, instead of what someone tells you was supposed to go into the gun.  PSA is famous for this - "it's THIS...and, it's NOT. 

You can take it apart and measure and weigh everything yourself. That's the best way to go. 

Your gas tube length is good.  Run with scissors on that part of it. 

Edited by 98Z5V