• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

BCGs?

LR308Shootin@45

So what are everyone's thoughts on the Aero BCGs, I just finished my AR 308 build and I got a Nickle Boron Aero Precision BCG for it, so far shooting very well with the buffer spring and buffer weight setup I have in it. 

I haven't had many Aero Products before and have here they can be hit and miss at times with quality. Thanks of any information on this product. 

Just my opnion based on what I've seen this year.  YMMV

I bought an Aero assembled (AR15) upper receiver group not too long ago.  Came with a blue dot sticker on the end of the box which I couldn't help wondering if it meant something was wrong, even before I opened the box.

The pinned FSB was quite poorly timed/aligned which also meant the gas tube wasn't coming straight through the upper -- and no chance of a nice meetup with the gas key without bending the tube which frankly I was not going to do, this  was supposed to be built by professionals and the FSB was totally F'd for a build I have every intention of being for iron sights shooting only.  So I was wholly unimpressed.  I boxed it up and sent it back.  This was my 2nd attempt at buying an already-built upper assy from one of the big "proudly made in USA" assembly house brands -- the other came from the Columbian gorillas building stuff with sledgehammers a few weeks before.  Some outfits just don't deserve the F'n parts supply lines they have nearly exclusive access to, they way they beat them up slapping 'em together.

The good that came out of that for me was, deciding and learning how to build an upper assy my damn self, other than needing someone who could properly pin an FSB to a barrel for me.

So of course your mileage may vary but for me, I will be staying away from that brand.  I have seen both good and bad said about their 308-specific parts, specs/tolerances on their DPMS-pattern uppers for example.  I guess I'm still in search of the perfect 308 DPMS pattern upper but the KAK ones work with a few caveats.

Edited by Tack14

On 7/31/2021 at 10:15 AM, Tack14 said:

Just my opnion based on what I've seen this year.  YMMV

I bought an Aero assembled (AR15) upper receiver group not too long ago.  Came with a blue dot sticker on the end of the box which I couldn't help wondering if it meant something was wrong, even before I opened the box.

The pinned FSB was quite poorly timed/aligned which also meant the gas tube wasn't coming straight through the upper -- and no chance of a nice meetup with the gas key without bending the tube which frankly I was not going to do, this  was supposed to be built by professionals and the FSB was totally F'd for a build I have every intention of being for iron sights shooting only.  So I was wholly unimpressed.  I boxed it up and sent it back.  This was my 2nd attempt at buying an already-built upper assy from one of the big "proudly made in USA" assembly house brands -- the other came from the Columbian gorillas building stuff with sledgehammers a few weeks before.  Some outfits just don't deserve the F'n parts supply lines they have nearly exclusive access to, they way they beat them up slapping 'em together.

The good that came out of that for me was, deciding and learning how to build an upper assy my damn self, other than needing someone who could properly pin an FSB to a barrel for me.

So of course your mileage may vary but for me, I will be staying away from that brand.  I have seen both good and bad said about their 308-specific parts, specs/tolerances on their DPMS-pattern uppers for example.  I guess I'm still in search of the perfect 308 DPMS pattern upper but the KAK ones work with a few caveats.

Was there something wrong with the BCG? You never said, and that's what the OP was asking about.

• 2 months later...