• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Redfield

Thought I'd mention these, as many threads have to do with interim or "until I can afford a scope from NASA".

I wanted a lower power variable scope to mount on the Operator.  After shopping many different brands, the choices had been narrowed to the Nikon Monarch/Monarch Gold series and the Burris XTR 7.62 1.5-6x. 

The Burris actually had mixed reviews, so I was a bit hesitant about spending $800.  Burris also did some sort of redesign, as the model number changed and the price went up a bit.  The only complaints that concerned me on the Nikons were the turrets, which seem to have been resolved in the latest iterations.

Right when I was ready to pull the trigger on the Nikon, my buddy began pushing the new Redfields, the 2-7x33 Revolution in particular.  American Made in Beaverton, OR, impressive glass for the price range, full lifetime warranty.  How do they hold up to the repeated recoil of an AR-308 I asked him.  He said he has one mounted on his T/C Encore in .444 Marlin with hundreds of shots through it (and this guy is a reloading "power junkie").

Bought it!  Well worth the $150 tag.

I like the Accu-Range reticle, just enough on a lower powered scope IMO, rather than the ever-so-common 1,000 yard ranging/70mph crosswind reticles on almost everything nowdays.  The scope is matte, the body is strong.

Now there has been some issue with me finding proper mounts.  The ones sitting around here were too short for the straight stock on the LAR-8 and my fat face. 

Purchased a Burris P.E.P.R. mount and it provided plenty of clearance to get a good jaw-weld with the stock.  Reminded me of my young and experimenting days with See-Thru mounts. It did work enough to determine that the scope works well and will allow (with careful determination on my part) the rifle to shoot one-hole groups.

Ditched the P.E.P.R. mount and got a set of the Weaver X-High Tactical rings (think I posted Millet somewhere else...they are Weaver).  Still have yet to test this configuration but I can get a proper cheek-weld with proper eye alignment immediately.

Photos to come after the range!

Jon

Just returned 2 scopes from sportsmans guide 1pentex game seeker 4-12 X40 i" tube,had something in tube like hair wouldn't,couldn't wipe off must been internal,then a osprey tact.6-24 X50 30mm tube something in that tube parallax stiff to turn heavy I have had it with import crap and told sportmans so.Going to Cabelas for Redfield want a long distance optic haven't decided on power yet got a small one on my 10-22 forever still works.Will use till I can afford nightforce or U.S. optic.Shoot on bro.