• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

308 AR Comparison Thread

planeflyer21

Last time I needed pipe cleaners I ended at Wal-Mart.  Art supplies;  pipe cleaners 3 feet long.  I use (short pieces of) them for the 'touch hole' of my Hawken.

I asked at my gun shop about how to clean the gas port and the inside of the tube on my DPMS LR-308;  they just laughed and said to not worry about it.

I drive a conservative 4-door boring (starts every time,  almost never breaks) Toyota Camry.  My 2000 did break last July (170K miles); cost too much to fix (timing belt group,  other laundry list of small items V.S. book value) and ended with 2011 Camry SE,  4-cyl.  Scares me.  Only car I ever owned that could/does peel rubber.  Without trying.  Sometimes when trying to not.

Yea brother Dusty gas tube is no maint. like Brother Robo said as long as the hole isn't blocked your go to go,my issue was the corrosive ammo that I was gonna burn up but was able to unload,while I'm confident in my RRA,these arms are tools and if I don't have to abuse my tool I won't[like when I need to beat on a wrench I get my worst one]when I spoke to RRA tech no mention of warranty being an issue shooting corrosive ammo just said don't make a habit of it.Went to ladies craft store found 12" pipe cleaners [knew they were to short] and waited in long ass line just for this,glad this wasn't needed.The only way to get moneys worth from car or truck is drive it into ground anything over 150K without major issues is good.Shoot on bro.